Gameday Thread-Doubleheader Special: White Sox vs Indians

Kyyle23

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 7, 2012 -> 04:27 PM)
Nope, sorry. You are not one of them. It takes alot of super annoying posts to get me to ignore you, I had ignored only one user my entire time on here until a few days ago.

Then I shall amp up the annoying-ness! I'll take notes from my buddy Gregory.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 7, 2012 -> 05:17 PM)
Best line-up:

vs. RHP:

DeAza 8-Fukudome 7-AJ 2-Paulie 3-Dunn DH-Rios 9-Ramirez 6-Lilli 5-Beckham 4

vs. LHP

DeAza 8-Ramirez 6-PK 3-Viciedo 7-Dunn DH-Rios 9-AJ 2-Lilli 5 2-Beckham 4

Not including obvious days off for AJ and a few of the other regulars...

Cant argue with that. Not now though with Dayan struggling....I also think Becks can work his way back into the 2 spot

Anyway the sox send Escobar and Morel down in favor of a Mcpherson/Kuhn platoon??

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 7, 2012 -> 05:58 PM)
Cant argue with that. Not now though with Dayan struggling....I also think Becks can work his way back into the 2 spot

Anyway the sox send Escobar and Morel down in favor of a Mcpherson/Kuhn platoon??

Tyler Kuhn and his .231 average/.612 OPS this season?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 7, 2012 -> 09:36 PM)
Dunn isn't a #3 hitter that's one of the problem's with this team.

Maybe not but thqat was their original line up plan L-R-L-R which meant putting Dunn third. I wouldn't have a problem putting Paulie third and Dunn clean up though. Might work even

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 7, 2012 -> 04:58 PM)

I really wish Dan Johnson fit on this team somewhere...he would look good at the DH spot for the second game today with Dunn getting a start at 1st.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 7, 2012 -> 05:07 PM)
Maybe not but thqat was their original line up plan L-R-L-R which meant putting Dunn third. I wouldn't have a problem putting Paulie third and Dunn clean up though. Might work even

This is where the Rios contract really hurts them. Playing RF, he's being paid like a #3 hitter.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 7, 2012 -> 10:19 PM)
This is where the Rios contract really hurts them. Playing RF, he's being paid like a #3 hitter.

Was he ever a #3 hitter at Toronto? Rios has so much talent but the Blue Jays paid him an awful lot on money and we took on the risk. But, I haven't given up on 2012 with him yet.

Edited by elrockinMT

But, let's try and lok on the bright side of an 8-6 loss. The offesne scored 6 runs and tried to mount that 9th inning rally again plus this Quintana kid did areal good solid job. Let's win tonight

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 7, 2012 -> 10:39 PM)
Was he ever a #3 hitter at Toronto? Rios has so much talent but the Blue Jays paid him an awful lot on money and we took on the risk. But, I haven't given up on 2012 with him yet.

What is his talent? Seriously?

He doesn't steal bases. He doesn't hit home runs. He isn't a balls-out hustler to whack a ton of doubles or trips. He is Mr. Casual in the outfield to the point we've almost had several collisions between he and cf and he and Beckham. Check the highlights. He doesn't call guys off the ball. He'd rather almost run into them.

Where is this Rios talent? What am I missing from his career numbers? He's grossly overpaid ballplayer who at times is decent.

(to his credit, he helped win a game or two in April with a clutch hit or two).

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 7, 2012 -> 05:39 PM)

At the time of them picking Rios up they probably figured they had their 3rd place hitter in Quentin, figuring that Rios could play up to his contract when he moved to CF, and they'd have sustained revenues to afford it. Unfortunately, they were wrong. They haven't been right about much in recent years.

There's not a separate Game 2 thread?

Hello?

Anyone still watching or listening to this team?

With Konerko out of the line-up, chances of winning this game are approximately....well, not good.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 04:14 PM)
Nothing like rewarding Rios for a terrible stretch of nearly 50 at bats by moving him into the 3rd spot.

I'd rather see Flowers hitting 3rd. Dude needs more AB's.

Stults escapes the 1st unscathed. f*** the Indians, win this game tonight, the series tomorrow.

We've lost four games to the Indians in the standings since last week....and climbing.

Probably the weakest line-up that we've put out there the entire season, at least arguably. Apparently Ventura's not concerned with going 3-11 at all.

Wish the "it's always darkest before the dawn" comment could apply here, but not sure it does.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2012 -> 12:21 AM)
We've lost four games to the Indians in the standings since last week....and climbing.

Probably the weakest line-up that we've put out there the entire season, at least arguably. Apparently Ventura's not concerned with going 3-11 at all.

You typically see weird lineups like this during a DH. It is pretty obvious though this team needs another lefty bat though.

Edited by fathom