Get a new deal done with Peavy now!

sin city sox fan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2012 -> 03:59 PM)
JFP has managed to shut up the people who wanted him to shut up.

So far he sure has, but it's a long season. I wish the best for Jake and hope he continues his winning ways and stays healthy. The man is a competitor for sure. However, even oif he continues to win, I think he owes this team something for sticking with him. He isn't going to make $22M with any team in 2013 so maybe he will look at giving a discount to the Sox? Maybe just dreaming but what the heck

Edited by elrockinMT

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...contenders.html

The Sox (15-17) have lost 11 games by one or two runs, including their last five defeats, and how they fare in close games will probably determine whether they’re in contention for a playoff spot.

Peavy wants to play on a winner, and he believes it could be the Sox if Adam Dunn and Alex Rios continue to hit, if Chris Sale stays healthy and if a few more ifs go the Sox’ way.

“I want to play where there’s a chance to win; this team is not far off,’’ Peavy said. “A lot of good things are happening here, and I can’t see many other places that would be more appealing to me, even this winter, if the situation was right to come back here. The young pieces are going to get experience. Dunn is going to grow with another year in the league, [Paul] Konerko has another year. We’re not far off.’’

The Sox are 1-2 against Texas and 3-3 against Detroit.

“We compete with the best teams in baseball — with Detroit, we played man for man with that team,’’ Peavy said.

“To win here after what I’ve been through would be more gratifying than going somewhere else and having a season to remember.’’

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2012051...orts/705109748/

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 10, 2012 -> 05:40 PM)
So far he sure has, but it's a long season. I wish the best for Jake and hope he continues his winning ways and stays healthy. The man is a competitor for sure. However, even oif he continues to win, I think he owes this team something for sticking with him. He isn't going to make $22M with any team in 2013 so maybe he will look at giving a discount to the Sox? Maybe just dreaming but what the heck

The Sox really had no choice but to stick with him. There was essentially no chance to trade him because of the money he's owed and his health. However, I agree it would be nice if he offered a discount by say restructuring what he's owed into a multi-year deal. Wishful thinking, but you never know.

Peavy just needs to keep pitching this way so that in July this thread is more meaningful. The handeling of Sale really has me more concerned as he is a much more viable long term piece to the puzzle and if management can't agree on whether to start him or sit him I would like to know who falls on which side of the argument.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ May 11, 2012 -> 06:02 AM)
The Sox really had no choice but to stick with him. There was essentially no chance to trade him because of the money he's owed and his health. However, I agree it would be nice if he offered a discount by say restructuring what he's owed into a multi-year deal. Wishful thinking, but you never know.

If he's showing no signs of wear at ~150 innings, I'd probably consider proposing turning that 22 mill into 2 years. There is a huge problem if he has another significant injury in that time though -- it would probably be the final straw for KW if we weren't a playoff team at that point.

“I’ve been in jams all year. I just have to make a pitch to get us out of the inning there and try to leave with a lead,” Peavy said.

“I put Will (Ohman) in a tough situation having to face a couple of righties. ... I just don’t know what to say. It was ugly. I let my emotions get the best out of me. I take full responsibility for letting the inning get to where it got and the bullpen had trouble keeping it where it was. It was just a bad loss. ... when you get that many runs and you don’t walk away with a team win, it’s disgusting.”

freep.com/sports

Edited by caulfield12