Youkilis, $5.6 million traded to White Sox

Kyyle23

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So reading through the thread I see a few people that seem sure he's still not healthy...what makes you think that? He's already been to the DL and has came off, is it because back problems are always a lingering problem?? What are the chances its not fluff when he says he feels great?? He is 5 for 11 over the last week so maybe its true.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 01:36 PM)
So reading through the thread I see a few people that seem sure he's still not healthy...what makes you think that? He's already been to the DL and has came off, is it because back problems are always a lingering problem?? What are the chances its not fluff when he says he feels great?? He is 5 for 11 over the last week so maybe its true.

Hopefully the chances of him really meaning it when he says he feels good are high, and hopefully the 5 for 11 streak does indicate that. The reasons I worry he's not healthy are 2-fold...first I didn't think his body could handle 3b when they moved him back there last year, so seeing him struggle with injury th is year really backs up that suspicion. Second, even though he had a good 10 days right after coming off the DL...he's been dreadful most of June, and for a guy like him that's hard to figure out unless he's still in pain.

Hopefully the recent days off while Middlebrooks has been raking will be the last bit he needs, and hopefully Hermy can help also.

Is this back issue new this year or something that has come up in the past? It's not hard to see that he's had injury issues before, but I don't recall what any of them were prior to this season.

Wasn't a big fan of the Youk rumors, but after seeing what the Sox gave up for him, hell ya. Very low risk move with some serious upside. Really really like this move and Youk is a total pro who should be a welcome addition to the clubhouse and lineup. He's going to see a lot of pitches and I think he'll help some of our young players when they see how he and Konerko, etc go about their game.

We also know I couldn't stand Stewart.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 10:51 AM)
Wasn't a big fan of the Youk rumors, but after seeing what the Sox gave up for him, hell ya. Very low risk move with some serious upside. Really really like this move and Youk is a total pro who should be a welcome addition to the clubhouse and lineup. He's going to see a lot of pitches and I think he'll help some of our young players when they see how he and Konerko, etc go about their game.

We also know I couldn't stand Stewart.

Not the way he's playing right now haha

Paulie might need a DL stint to get that wrist right. He needs to be at 100% for this team to compete. The way this division is he can miss 2 weeks and the team will still be in contention..

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 11:57 AM)
Paulie might need a DL stint to get that wrist right. He needs to be at 100% for this team to compete. The way this division is he can miss 2 weeks and the team will still be in contention..

Totally agree.

Be completely honest with Herm/RV please, Paulie. You don't have to put the world on your back, especially now with Youk in the fold.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
Actually Manny was given credit on Soxtalk for a couple of HRs other players hit.

As far as Youkilis, its pretty rare a guy who is being paid more by a team that he doesn't play for than by the team he plays for, contributes much. He obviously doesn't have to do much to be an upgrade, but anyone thinking Youkilis hopped in a time machine and its 2008 again, will probably be dissappointed.

Manny getting credit for that was annoying. He was one of the biggest White Sox busts of all time. Good comment about what to expect out of Youk. I'm thinking if Youk wants to play in the postseason, he'll help our White Sox get there. It's worth a gamble, cause Lilly and Zach suck.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 05:36 PM)

We're just a little concerned cause of Crede/Morel. The dirt in the 3B area at the Cell is kinda hard apparently.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 12:36 PM)

His May and June numbers were awful.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 01:37 PM)
Honest like Humber was?

Paulie carries a bit more clout, no?

Anyway, I'll be shocked if we've seen the last of Humber for the Sox, or if he doesn't get another chance soon, if that's what you're saying. Maybe he didn't want to be DL'ed, but players in his position don't have that much leverage.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
Not the way he's playing right now haha

Of course, if Konerko does need to go on the DL, I know a guy who can play some 1b/DH to fill that spot :).