Youkilis, $5.6 million traded to White Sox

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 07:03 AM)
And playing daily

With an iffy back, you just never know.

It can go at any time, but you have to trust Hermie and Allen Thomas to get everything possible out of Youk. They've already had this experience with Crede, Thome and Morel.

I'd actually argue that playing almost every game in the heat is the best way to keep his back "playable," rather than playing, sitting, playing, sitting. Especially in the heat of the summertime.

One wrong swing and he's toast. Could easily happen. But I wouldn't be shocked if he goes on a run, either. Impossible to predict.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 06:28 PM)
If the Indians made a deal for Youkilis where they traded mediocre players and only had to pay a little amount for Youk, I would have been very upset.

Me too. I would have been like "f*** why can't the Sox ever make deals like this??"

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
Umm, wow.

He's actually a great guy and definitely has his sources. And obviously he was right about this. Jeez.

Agreed. I'm lucky enough to know the man personally. Kaplan might be a Cubs homer, but he's also one of the nicest human beings on the planet. Being a little obnoxious is just part of his shtick. All these people that constantly hate on him would be kicking themselves if they ever actually got to know the guy. It honestly bugs the hell out of me because there are plenty of people who deserve that kind of public perception, and Kap is most certainly not one of them.

QUOTE (IamPabloOzuna @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 07:19 PM)
Agreed. I'm lucky enough to know the man personally. Kaplan might be a Cubs homer, but he's also one of the nicest human beings on the planet. Being a little obnoxious is just part of his shtick. All these people that constantly hate on him would be kicking themselves if they ever actually got to know the guy. It honestly bugs the hell out of me because there are plenty of people who deserve that kind of public perception, and Kap is most certainly not one of them.

I hope no one thought I was trying to say anything about the quality of human being. I just don't enjoy the way he does the baseball part of his job. He has a very "average fan" kind of shtick, which can be okay at times but for teams I follow closely it doesn't do anything for me.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 04:57 PM)
Just heard Ventura say Lillibridge has never been traded before...um third time, Robin.

Pretty sure he said "having been traded before", it makes significantly more sense given the context.

Good trade.

We get a name player in Youk and the Sox tell the baseball world and their fanbase they are trying to win.

We give up nobodies in Stewart and Lilly.

Stewart is absolutely dreadful and even if he gets hot for a couple starts for some reason, he will not sustain it.

Lilly has been a White Sox a long time now and simply hasn't looked like an everyday player. If he becomes a star, good for him but he's shown no signs of that.

Hudson now becomes our seldom used sub. I would think he will hate that role. Wonder if we'll try to deal him.

Reading about Youk's back issues ... wouldn't that be wild if he's yet another third baseman to have back troubles with the White Sox?

If Youk sucks, he's no worse than Hudson/Morel. If he does well, he could help us win this lousy division.

KW will not be crucified for this deal no matter what happens.

Any word on if he will be joining the team in Minny?

Nothing more frustrating than having to wait another day to see your newly acquired player haha.

Seems like the trade happened early enough in the day that there is no reason he shouldn't be starting tomorrow for a 7:10 start. That's damn near 24 hours from right now... plenty of time for the physical and a flight from Boston to Minneapolis..

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 06:20 PM)
What's up with all the Kaplan hate? Everyone calm down and enjoy the fact that Kevin Youkilis at his absolute worst is a .680 OPS. WORST.

Last I saw his June OPS was lower than Hudson's has been since he got here from SD.