2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
Well, I'm not quite sure you can say Teague is a better option then Foye. I fully expect Foye will get a lot of minutes at the point early in the year (as Teague is adjusting). The guy was a late 1st round pick. The odds that he amounts to anything are very low.

He's also a 19year old with 1 year in college expected to play the point. Expect a lot of turnovers. He might be pretty bad this year, but I still think he's a real talent.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 02:20 PM)
Foye would be a drop-off from Rip or Belinelli at the 2.

But I'm not talking about him being a starter. And last I looked Rip and Belinelli are on the roster. Foye basically slides in after those guys and Hinrich. That is a pretty quality guy that deep on your bench. The big thing is his ability to back up at the point guard position as well. Plus, you also have to have someone play minutes at the small forward spot. Butler clearly will be getting more minutes but there is time, depending on what Deng does.

There will be significant growing pains with Teague. He was terrible to start the year for Kentucky, but by the end of the year, he had shown significant improvement. It will be interesting to see how patient Thibs is with him.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
Well with Rose being out, youd hope guys like Teague, Butler are given a chance to play, so that we know what the Bulls have. It wont make any sense to have veterans eating a ton of minutes just to suck anyways.

That doesn't sounds like Thibs to me

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 06:02 PM)
Rose returns ahead of schedule in January and leads the Bulls to Finals, where they defeat the Lakers.

/ridiculous-optimism-to-counter-ridiculous-pessimism

If Noah becomes the monster Kareem thinks he will be, and Rose is at 80-90% come playoff time its possible IMO...

EDIT As you all know I'm saying this as one of the biggest homers on the board...THIS IS REAL

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

E-mailed the NBA a few days ago to ask them to reconsider the ads, because Uni-Watch is trying to spur a campaign for people to email them.

Here's the response.

Dear Daniel:

Thank you for contacting the National Basketball Association to express your opposition to the idea of placing sponsor logos on jerseys. We understand your strong feelings on this issue and appreciate hearing from you. Our fans are extremely important to us, and we value what you have to say.

The NBA and its teams continue to evaluate the opportunity to add corporate branding to game jerseys. Jersey sponsorship is a well-established practice in sports leagues around the world. It is also not a new concept in American sports. NASCAR, Major League Soccer, professional golf, the WNBA, and the NBA Development League all feature sponsored uniforms.

The NBA is a global sports league; fans connect with our game in more than 200 countries and territories. As much as we value our traditions, the NBA also realizes that we, along with the rest of the world, need to change and adapt in order to remain competitive in a global marketplace.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback. We truly appreciate the passion you demonstrate for the NBA. Your feedback helps us as we work to enhance all aspects of our league.

Sincerely,

Chelsea

NBA Fan Relations

If you want Adam Silver's email, it's unsurprisingly asilver@nba.com

Bulls have already diplomatically stated that they do not expect Teague to contribute this year. He's really raw, and Thibs is not the type of coach that has much patience for rookie growing pains. I'll be surprised if Teague plays anything more than a few minutes here or there in garbage time.

Foye has signed with Utah, so he's off the table.

Bulls won't match Asik's offer sheet

The Bulls on Tuesday officially will announce they have declined to match Omer Asik's three-year, $25.1 million offer sheet from the Rockets, sources said, paving the way for multiple signings that began Monday with Kirk Hinrich.

The biggest reason I hate this Bulls' 2014 grand plan is when has that ever worked in the past? 2000 we had grand plans and ended up with Eddie Robinson. In 2010, we had grand plans and missed out of the top talents. Why is the summer of 2014 going to be any different?

Okay. So I have a project to do before Bulls season, but somehow I'm going to link this forum and the Bulls board to where the same logins, etc are used. That way, the Bulls threads show up here and can be posted here (not ever having to leave Soxtalk). Then there will be a general NBA discussion thread for all other nba discussion. Going to try and do something similar with the Bears.

However, the goal is to make it where you can visit Soxtalk and get the discussions from the other forums within here. If I can't get that set-up, there won't be any change. But its on my agenda of things to do.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 10:42 AM)
Okay. So I have a project to do before Bulls season, but somehow I'm going to link this forum and the Bulls board to where the same logins, etc are used. That way, the Bulls threads show up here and can be posted here (not ever having to leave Soxtalk). Then there will be a general NBA discussion thread for all other nba discussion. Going to try and do something similar with the Bears.

However, the goal is to make it where you can visit Soxtalk and get the discussions from the other forums within here. If I can't get that set-up, there won't be any change. But its on my agenda of things to do.

Hopefully it works cause its a great idea.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 04:10 PM)
EVERY SINGLE MOVE the Bulls have made this offseason since Jordan retired have little significance in the big picture.

Fixed they for you. They randomly got lucky and won the lottery and got a star. Beyond that, they've shown zero initiative nor ability to field a true contender.

Teams like the Celtics and Lakers force deals and spend the luxury tax to build Championship quality teams. The Bulls used to be mentioned in the same breath as the great franchises in the NBA, but the 6 trophies are getting further and further away, and now our great hope in Derrick Rose may never be the same again.

Don't worry, though, we're a lock for a 7 seed and nowhere near the lottery. We're money!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 10:49 AM)
Fixed they for you. They randomly got lucky and won the lottery and got a star. Beyond that, they've shown zero initiative nor ability to field a true contender.

Teams like the Celtics and Lakers force deals and spend the luxury tax to build Championship quality teams. The Bulls used to be mentioned in the same breath as the great franchises in the NBA, but the 6 trophies are getting further and further away, and now our great hope in Derrick Rose may never be the same again.

Don't worry, though, we're a lock for a 7 seed and nowhere near the lottery. We're money!

Dont Panic. Patrick Beverley and Malcolm Thomas are on the way

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 07:34 AM)
The biggest reason I hate this Bulls' 2014 grand plan is when has that ever worked in the past? 2000 we had grand plans and ended up with Eddie Robinson. In 2010, we had grand plans and missed out of the top talents. Why is the summer of 2014 going to be any different?

Who was the Bulls GM in 2000? Who was the Bulls coach in 2000? Who was the Bulls star player in 2000? I understand your skepticism, but it's a different situation.

And in 2010 we were able to sign Boozer (albeit underwhelming), the bench mob, and Thibs. The Bulls had the best record in the NBA the last two years and who knows how they would have done in the playoffs had Rose not gotten hurt. I wouldn't call that a bad offseason.

Edited by Boogua

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 10:49 AM)

I hate this season and we have barely started summer league.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:05 AM)
Also, I firmly agree with whoever said it is an awful idea for the Bulls to hope to clear out space space for another summer run at a free agent star. Not getting any hopes up for that one.

I think the key is for the Bulls to acquire the 2nd star in a trade. I still think they make a run at Dwight but I'm probably crazy. However, depending on what goes on with the Twolves this year, I wouldn't be surprised if a year from now the Bulls made a major push for K Love. I think the back-up plan is if they haven't landed anyone by 2014, they at least know at that point, they can get under the cap and try in FA.

However, I'm not sure if any impact guys are even set to be FA's then.

Because 2000 was pre- GarPax era, and in 2010 we got played by Lebron and Wade just like New York did.

It's not random at all, there's nothing random about picking Rose over Beasley, that was a sound business decision. There's nothing random about striking gold by picking Luol Deng, Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson and developing these players into contributors for an elite team in the NBA that won the #1 seed two times in a row. Like it or not, but winning the #1 seed more than once shows that we ARE a legit contender for a title. Bad teams don't play consistently well enough to win #1 seeds.

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 11:06 AM)
I think the key is for the Bulls to acquire the 2nd star in a trade. I still think they make a run at Dwight but I'm probably crazy. However, depending on what goes on with the Twolves this year, I wouldn't be surprised if a year from now the Bulls made a major push for K Love.

I agree wholeheartedly. A trade for a 2nd star is a far more likely option for this organization than a free agent pitch.

I have heard Love's name thrown around a lot as the potential guy down the road, which would be awesome, again not gonna get my hopes up at this point.