2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 11:28 PM)
We are a half hour away from escaping apocalypse, I think we will make it.

Everything I have read indicates it is in Mirotics best interest to wait until at least 2015 in order to escape the rookie wage scale. The buyout doesn't matter

I hope I am wrong, I would love to see him stateside

Yeah, 2014/15 season at the earliest, and that assumes that the Bulls have the full MLE available to get him that year. Otherwise, it's far more profitable for him to stay in Spain.

Pretty sure SS2k5 posted this on TalkBulls a while ago...

Financial breakdown for Mirotic's potential arrival in Chicago.

It aint nuthin but one (series) of lil' small-ass steps fo' his ass yo, but a giant leap fo' tha strugglin Chicago Bulls.

Point guard Derrick Rose was spotted all up in tha Berto Center up in Lake Forest, where tha Bulls practice, hustlin. Yes, hustlin.

Rose tore his ACL last year durin tha straight-up original gangsta game of tha NBA playoffs n' has been sidelined eva since.

Da knee injury forced tha Bulls ta recalibrate what tha f*** could done been a cold-ass lil championshizzle contendin crew ta wait fo' they star playa ta return.

Now dat Rose is back on tha practice court, hope springs eternal.

Derrick Rose Seen Hustlin at Practice

Hey, stay classy Philly...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/b...0,5549222.story

PHILADELPHIA -- Two Bulls fans bragging about the team’s 96-89 victory in Philadelphia Wednesday night were shot while riding a train on the west side of the city, police said.

The shooting happened around 10:40 p.m. after “a little bit of banter” between the two fans and two other people, described as between 16 and 19, at 46th and Market streets in West Philadelphia, police said.

One of the Bulls fans, a 36-year-old man, quarreled with the teens and was shot in the stomach as the teens exited the train at 46th street, according to Lt. John Walker. The other Bulls fan, a 30-year-old man, tried to calm things down and was shot in the thigh, he said.

Both victims were stable at an area hospital. They are from West Philadelphia, police said.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 08:46 AM)
If Love really wants out of Minnesota he needs to understand the ways of the NBA. Suffering in silence won't make it happen. He needs to really throw some public tantrums, including questioning managements dedication to putting a winning team on the court.

Still won't make them trade him for 3 years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 08:15 AM)
Still won't make them trade him for 3 years.

I wouldnt say that is entirely true. We have seen plenty of players pout their way out of a team.

I just dont think Love is that type of person/player

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 09:18 AM)
I wouldnt say that is entirely true. We have seen plenty of players pout their way out of a team.

I just dont think Love is that type of person/player

The only way that happens is if it starts seriously impacting his performance on the court. He can make as big of an off the court problem as he wants...it will change nothing until he's close to a free agent.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 08:19 AM)
The only way that happens is if it starts seriously impacting his performance on the court. He can make as big of an off the court problem as he wants...it will change nothing until he's close to a free agent.

For once, I agree with Balta. Dwight and Melo were moved because their contract was about to expire. Love has no leverage for a few more years. It's not going to make things any easier for him if his play suffers and teams start questioning his attitude either (though I don't get the impression that he's the kinda douche where that would happen).

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 11:33 AM)
Google "philly fans"

Yeah, so it's rather clear that fans from Philly are nuts. So perhaps the Chicago fans should have done what any smart visiting fan does after your team comes in someone else's house and wins. STFU and be courteous.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 11:42 AM)
Yeah, so it's rather clear that fans from Philly are nuts. So perhaps the Chicago fans should have done what any smart visiting fan does after your team comes in someone else's house and wins. STFU and be courteous.

Those guys live in West Philly, they should know their own peeps

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 06:04 PM)
For once, I agree with Balta. Dwight and Melo were moved because their contract was about to expire. Love has no leverage for a few more years. It's not going to make things any easier for him if his play suffers and teams start questioning his attitude either (though I don't get the impression that he's the kinda douche where that would happen).

Was Deron on an expiring contract? Or was it 1.5 years left?

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 13, 2012 -> 12:05 PM)
Was Deron on an expiring contract? Or was it 1.5 years left?

Not quite the same situation. Deron didn't demand a trade and wasn't publicly pouting about getting one. Here's an article about his reaction to the trade:

Jazz made a pre-emptive strike

Even if the T-Wolves decide the same thing, that's still the middle of next year (and that assumes you completely ignore his player option).

Edited by ZoomSlowik