2012-2013 NBA thread

He hasnt been terrible though. His scoring has been but everything else he does for us hes been doing well. Hes a stabilizing influence for the team out there at point. And if he keeps shooting like ray allen from 3 his contract is suddenly looking not bad at all

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 09:20 AM)
Him and Nate did. Our second and third string pgs be beasting. Making all the people here who hated the pick up of these two in the offseason look silly. Bulls making all the nancies who cried about tanking look silly. Raise your hand if you wanted the bulls to tank. Dont be scurred

Rzzza...remember to learn your lessons from earlier. No need to shove stuff in people's faces. Just sit back and enjoy the Bulls season.

I also wouldn't say our 2nd and 3rd string PG's are beasting. They are very up and down players. Hinrich has looked better of late though, but he still has some pretty bad game and is one of, if not the worse starting PG's in the league.

Aww...but shovng things in peoples faces is so much fun. Right now our depth at the pg and sg position is a huge strength for us...so I dont view it in terms of oh hinrich is the worst starting pg in the league. Hes a contributer to a team that still looks like one of the best in the league even with our two best players out with injury. Time to give kirk and nate their props. Theyve been playing exellent. Were 26-16

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 01:37 PM)
Aww...but shovng things in peoples faces is so much fun. Right now our depth at the pg and sg position is a huge strength for us...so I dont view it in terms of oh hinrich is the worst starting pg in the league. Hes a contributer to a team that still looks like one of the best in the league even with our two best players out with injury. Time to give kirk and nate their props. Theyve been playing exellent. Were 26-16

I have zero complaints about Nate and have been legitimately impressed by his year. I believe I've said so.

Kirk has really disappointed me this year until just the last few games. I'll give him props when he makes this into a trend.

Part of me want Deng to be out a little longer so Jimmy Butler can get more minutes under his belt, and Deng can rest up his battle scars and be a little fresher when Rose comes back and the team could make a run at that point.

I always had faith in Butler and he's finally getting a chance to prove himself. As a starter, he's averaging Deng-esque numbers with 15-9-3 with incredible efficiency. He's always been an efficient player, good rebounder, and solid defender. If he can continue to be aggressive on offense and improve on his jump shot, we have ourselves a very good STARTER.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 01:05 PM)
Part of me want Deng to be out a little longer so Jimmy Butler can get more minutes under his belt, and Deng can rest up his battle scars and be a little fresher when Rose comes back and the team could make a run at that point.

I always had faith in Butler and he's finally getting a chance to prove himself. As a starter, he's averaging Deng-esque numbers with 15-9-3 with incredible efficiency. He's always been an efficient player, good rebounder, and solid defender. If he can continue to be aggressive on offense and improve on his jump shot, we have ourselves a very good STARTER.

I feel the same way. I want them to be healthy and as rested as they can be by playoff time, unlike the last two years.

Thats another thing I'd like to throw in peoples faces here. Jimmy butler is playing like a man and SOME people here doubted he could replace ronnie brewer. I'll accept my apology in the form of a card or perhaps some baked goods like a cake or some cookies

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 01:50 PM)
Thats another thing I'd like to throw in peoples faces here. Jimmy butler is playing like a man and SOME people here doubted he could replace ronnie brewer. I'll accept my apology in the form of a card or perhaps some baked goods like a cake or some cookies

You-Win.jpg

Because as we know, you were the only human alive who was confident in Jimmy Butler.

If Butler could get a consistent jumper going, especially from long range (like the corner three Deng is so money with when he's on) then he could be really f***ing good. That's not something he's going to get with minutes right now though, that takes consistent focus and a lot of hard work in the offseason. Deng did it, and to get a consistent three-pointer Rose would shoot a thousand threes in the gym every day.

The remarkable thing to me is Butlers rebounding instincts and athleticism. He comes out of nowhere and jumps over the seven footers to get it at its highest point. His development has accelerated incredibly fast.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 03:08 PM)
The remarkable thing to me is Butlers rebounding instincts and athleticism. He comes out of nowhere and jumps over the seven footers to get it at its highest point. His development has accelerated incredibly fast.

His defense is at an all-NBA level right now. Small sample size I know, but this is something that was always known about him. He's allowing something like .59 points per possession. It's not the defense that surprises me because I expected it, it's how confident and alert he looks on offense. That reminds me of Derrick Rose when he first started (no, I'm not comparing them - Butler is not and will never be Rose)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 03:12 PM)
His defense is at an all-NBA level right now. Small sample size I know, but this is something that was always known about him. He's allowing something like .59 points per possession. It's not the defense that surprises me because I expected it, it's how confident and alert he looks on offense. That reminds me of Derrick Rose when he first started (no, I'm not comparing them - Butler is not and will never be Rose)

Something tells me this is the answer to the question "Does Thibs know what he's doing trying to develop these young guys" or "Why doesn't he play them more, they might benefit from time on the court?"

See you next year, Marcus Teague.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jan 26, 2013 -> 12:37 PM)

Kirk Hinrich has two good games and now he and his 10.7 PER are excellent. I'd almost forgotten why this thread had gotten entertaining over the past month, and now you're back to annoy everyone.

yyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy

Rzzza....either shut up and play nice or you will be banned for trolling.

What the hell are you talking about? I am playing nice. If I wasnt playing nice I'd call your mother a ho and mean it. Thats whats wrong with this forum: overzealous moderation. Joking around is somehow seen as trolling. Stop being such sensitive little vaginas. If youre going to ban me then just ban me now because I cant post at a forum where everything is against the rules and theres 20 differrent moderators all looking to ban people for bulls*** little stuff. I'M A PEACOCK, YOU GOTTA LET ME FLY

Why does this site even need so many moderaters. Theres like 25 people who come here regularly and 15 of them are mods

Edited by RZZZA

Ahh this site sucks balls any way. If I wanted to be treated like a baby I'd go back to kindergarden.

I was the one talking about basketball and being very on topic, remember? He's the asshole who called me out.

play nice? play nice? go f*** yourself

You want a troll? Chisoxfn with a nice troll tactic. Post in the thread telling me to shut up, that way he baits me and gets me to reply. Then they ban me for offtopic posting. If he really wanted to warn me why didn't he just PM me like any decent moderator would do?

Ahh...yeah, takes a troll to see the troll tactics

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jan 27, 2013 -> 11:04 AM)
What the hell are you talking about? I am playing nice. If I wasnt playing nice I'd call your mother a ho and mean it. Thats whats wrong with this forum: overzealous moderation. Joking around is somehow seen as trolling. Stop being such sensitive little vaginas. If youre going to ban me then just ban me now because I cant post at a forum where everything is against the rules and theres 20 differrent moderators all looking to ban people for bulls*** little stuff. I'M A PEACOCK, YOU GOTTA LET ME FLY

Why does this site even need so many moderaters. Theres like 25 people who come here regularly and 15 of them are mods

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jan 27, 2013 -> 11:18 AM)
Ahh this site sucks balls any way. If I wanted to be treated like a baby I'd go back to kindergarden.

I was the one talking about basketball and being very on topic, remember? He's the asshole who called me out.

play nice? play nice? go f*** yourself

You want a troll? Chisoxfn with a nice troll tactic. Post in the thread telling me to shut up, that way he baits me and gets me to reply. Then they ban me for offtopic posting. If he really wanted to warn me why didn't he just PM me like any decent moderator would do?

Ahh...yeah, takes a troll to see the troll tactics

Someone ban this idiot already. For the last month, this thread and others in the sports forum were enjoyable - now he's in here making it all about himself and standing up to the mods. Obviously, you're going to get banned for telling the owner of the site to go f*** himself when he was just trying to help you. Go study for your 8th grade algebra exam, already.

You will not be missed.