2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 16, 2013 -> 02:07 PM)
If you actually watch the games instead of just say "lol women's basketball", you'd understand that Tamika is actually a pretty good player and one of the best all-around players in women's basketball (even though she hacks a bunch and doesn't get called for it because refs in the W blow).

Saw her in high school for 4 years at Stevenson.

You men you can't judge a player in an exhibition cluster of a game?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 17, 2013 -> 06:40 PM)
Dear NBA,

The f***? What is this terrible pre-game entertainment? Oh, and why do we even NEED pre-game entertainment? Ugh, just terrible. You have the best all star game and can't help but make it terrible.

I was about to post the same thing. What a bunch of crap. Start the f***ing game already!

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 17, 2013 -> 07:40 PM)
Dear NBA,

The f***? What is this terrible pre-game entertainment? Oh, and why do we even NEED pre-game entertainment? Ugh, just terrible. You have the best all star game and can't help but make it terrible.

All the performers sound like s*** too. Somebody get some better audio equipment for crying out loud.

Oh and Kobe totally shut LeBron down in the last 5 minutes of the game.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 17, 2013 -> 11:48 PM)
Reggie Miller accredited the ESPN the Magazine interview with MJ recently to some Bleacher Report columnist. Come on Reggie...come on.

Making Lebron go left isn't any new scouting report. Just easier said than done.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 17, 2013 -> 10:29 PM)
All the performers sound like s*** too. Somebody get some better audio equipment for crying out loud.

Oh and Kobe totally shut LeBron down in the last 5 minutes of the game.

That was awesome. Lebron's reaction was pretty typical - laughing it off. Probably saying something like "come on man, this isn't a real game."

Gotta admit, I'm glad all this Michael is turning 50 aka time to kiss his ass ad nauseum and fabricate old stories s*** is out of the way now. I love Jordan (the player). But damn. We did this in 2003 (last season with the wizards), 2009 (hall of fame induction) before. Let's get back to enjoying what's been a fabulous season to this point.

Ehlo's interviews are always great. I watched that game last spring on NBAtv. Probably would have been the game of his life had Jordan not hit that (And really, the most amazing thing about the shot was how Jordan did manage to split that double team and get so open).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 03:37 PM)
Gotta admit, I'm glad all this Michael is turning 50 aka time to kiss his ass ad nauseum and fabricate old stories s*** is out of the way now. I love Jordan (the player). But damn. We did this in 2003 (last season with the wizards), 2009 (hall of fame induction) before. Let's get back to enjoying what's been a fabulous season to this point.

I have not enjoyed this season very much. Too many injuries. I've enjoyed watching the Spurs/heat/clippers/nuggets, but the east has been not just sub-par but not entertaining.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 09:43 AM)
I have not enjoyed this season very much. Too many injuries. I've enjoyed watching the Spurs/heat/clippers/nuggets, but the east has been not just sub-par but not entertaining.

1: two best players on the two best teams in the league having all-time season's.

2: Knicks/Nets are relevant again (Carmelo would be the mvp front-runner in most other years).

3: The Clippers, led by the best pg of the last 20 years, a legitimate title contender. THE CLIPPERS.

4:The Warriors having their best year since before I became a drunk. (I love me some Curry. The player, not the indian crap).

5: James Harden, who I used to diss, going from elite 6th man to top 10 player in the game (rockets are fun to watch by the way).

6: Young studs all over the league breaking out (George, Holiday, the aforementioned Curry).

7: Kyrie Irving. The Cavs suck. But I will ignore that for now.

8: The Lakers. lol.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 09:37 AM)

It should tell you something about the popularity of today's NBA when a guy who retired 10 years ago gets this much attention, just for his birthday. I can't see this happening in any other sport.

I'm severely underwhelmed by that list. This year there are great things at the top, but the top is a lot smaller, and the rest is awful.

And the Nets are by far the least likeable team I've ever watched. You couldn't have put together a group of less likeable "stars', that also are just a pain in the ass to watch and enjoy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 10:38 AM)
It should tell you something about the popularity of today's NBA when a guy who retired 10 years ago gets this much attention, just for his birthday. I can't see this happening in any other sport.

Or it could tell you how much of an impact that player had in the overall popularity of the league that they do all that for his 50th birthday...

Name me a player that has had MJ's impact and overall world popularity the last 25 years in the other major American sports leagues.

No one is even close.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 11:08 AM)
Or it could tell you how much of an impact that player had in the overall popularity of the league that they do all that for his 50th birthday...

Name me a player that has had MJ's impact and overall world popularity the last 25 years in the other major American sports leagues.

No one is even close.

Tiger Woods on golf. But that depends on your definition of major American sports. Maybe Dale Earnhardt and Nascar?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 01:10 PM)
Tiger Woods on golf. But that depends on your definition of major American sports. Maybe Dale Earnhardt and Nascar?

MLB, NBA, NFL and NHL. You can include MLS but I don't know if it's that popular.

Tiger Woods is a good example but NBA popularity>>>>>PGA Golf.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 09:42 AM)
Ehlo's interviews are always great. I watched that game last spring on NBAtv. Probably would have been the game of his life had Jordan not hit that (And really, the most amazing thing about the shot was how Jordan did manage to split that double team and get so open).

I think Ehlo scored the last 7 points for the Cavs in that game, including the go-ahead lay-up with 6 seconds left.