Sox land Liriano

cabiness42

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 10:06 PM)
So does humber go to pen? Back to a 6 man rotation with rest for sale/q? That's my guess

I think that's the most likely thing.

Wow, I'm feeling very good about this team right now.

Liriano had a good streak of 10 starts before we beat him up this week.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 04:09 AM)
I'm okay with this. I see EE as a second division starter at best. Never been fond of Pedro Hernandez. Can't complain about any moves so far. Although Luhnow mentioned that the PTBNL in the Meyers deal will be significant.

Escobar has been absolutely worthless against RHP this year. If he's a regular starter for your team, you better hope you have a lot of good offensive players besides him.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
To Flash Tizzle:

There's our Liriano.

Beat me to it :lolhitting

So, who goes to the pen and who comes up?

My guess is Mitchell comes up as a pinch run, O-Dawg becomes primary IF backup, and Floyd or Humber is traded.

I like this deal for us, and if we can get something out of him at the end of the year, we could approach him about an extension, making it easier to let Jake walk.

Like has been mentioned, Escobar seems like such a Twins player, and I envision him hitting .350 against us. I'm not really sure that we gave up more than a pen arm in Hernandez.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 11:11 PM)
Multiple sources now, saying Sox announced it. I think its real.

Fantastic move for value, Hernandez was likely not anything special, and Escobar is a utility guy. Awesome. Great week for the Sox.

On its real. The sox official twitter is the one who released it. Tells you how KW operates. Not a single twitter rumor, not a single reporter, not a single message board insider

Love it.

All the times Liriano's had our number of the years. He's actually been pretty good the last month or 2, his ERA was at 6.45 after the KC game on Jun 5 and he got it down to 4.81 before we blew that up a bit a few nights back.

Getting Myers, Youkilis and Liriano for what we've given up, KW's done a damn good job on the trade front.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 10:12 PM)
Beat me to it :lolhitting

So, who goes to the pen and who comes up?

My guess is Mitchell comes up as a pinch run, O-Dawg becomes primary IF backup, and Floyd or Humber is traded.

Kinda dount they pick up an outfielder at this point. My wild guess is Johnson or Jackson come up, Hudson is skill position IF backup. Though that means Beckham is the backup SS, which is maybe scary with Alexei hurt.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 10:12 PM)
Escobar has been absolutely worthless against RHP this year. If he's a regular starter for your team, you better hope you have a lot of good offensive players besides him.

yeah but at least we had someone who can play good defense when alexei is down. that was a plus side for him until he can get acclamated to playing full time