Bullpen Lights Out Last 13 Games

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

The best Sox blog out there Southsidesox.com does a nice write up on the relievers the Sox have picked up in recent memory at the trade deadline . In the last 13 games bullpen has a 1.32 ERA in which the team has gone 10-3. All 3 Sox pickups have been outstanding so far. Here is the link http://www.southsidesox.com/2012/8/7/32250...-help#storyjump

I'd have loved to see somebody in the pen save Jake tonight. Do any of you think it's a two-year problem of Jake being Verlander and refusing to come out of games? Not all pitchers can go 7 or 8 every night, once in a while a manager or pitching coach should deserve the right to come out and save a pitcher. Jake won't allow it to happen. He gets so pissed when pulled (f*** he was still MAD he got pulled when he did tonight) that managers leave him in to work out of his own jams. Granted, Jake works out of them a lot, but we kind of gave away the game tonight leaving him in too long.

Do we play the Royals 9 more times? If so, you just know it's gonna be 5-4 or 4-5. We need a 7-2 run vs. KC.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 11:46 PM)
He's definitely one of my least favorite Sox now that Ohman is gone.

Haha a Wil Ohman reference... I had already forgotten about his great outings for the sox. :lolhitting Jack***. Will Ohman Ha

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 07:29 PM)
Beat me to it. Lock and delete this biatch.

I'm a little slow but I'm starting to understand all the negative posting.Whenever you say something positive it's a jinx so must be that negative comments are a reverse jinx so all that bad stuff in game threads means they are hoping what they say/write makes the Sox do better .

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 12:52 AM)
I'm a little slow but I'm starting to understand all the negative posting.Whenever you say something positive it's a jinx so must be that negative comments are a reverse jinx so all that bad stuff in game threads means they are hoping what they say/write makes the Sox do better .

It was a good thread you started, we're just mocking what happened in 2006 or 2008? when Joe Morgan went on and on and on about how great the Sox bullpen was during a Sunday Night game, and from that point on, the bullpen imploded.