Game Thread: Game 160 WHITE SOX head to Cleveland

sunofgold

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
I'll root for Detroit. The longer they play, the more innings for Verlander, et. all. Also the more they win, the more they might have a letdown next year. To win the division, we are going to need a replay of this year out of Detroit. No way in hell we'll win enough for a wild card so we gotta win the division. GO DETROIT!!!!

Greg = JD

Man Card = Fan Card

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
Great day for Chicago...Sox get eliminated while the Cubs lose their 100th game. How are the Bears doing?

If you look at this century, Chicago is the city of choke. The exception is the 2005 Sox were dominant in the post season. They were like the 85 Bears-should've won more.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 03:14 AM)
Please explain that logic. That was reserved for the Cubs with their flip flop 90 win 90 loss seasons.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 03:18 AM)
This post is f***ing insane.

If Detroit wins it all, it may not have the hunger to do it again. We got to win the division and to do that, we need Detroit to underachieve again like it did this year.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 09:27 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2711503:date=Oct 1, 2012 -> 09:10 PM:name=greg775)-->
QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
<!--quotec-->I'll root for Detroit. The longer they play, the more innings for Verlander, et. all. Also the more they win, the more they might have a letdown next year. To win the division, we are going to need a replay of this year out of Detroit. No way in hell we'll win enough for a wild card so we gotta win the division. GO DETROIT!!!!

Greg = JD

Man Card = Fan Card

POTY

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 02:31 AM)
If Detroit wins it all, it may not have the hunger to do it again. We got to win the division and to do that, we need Detroit to underachieve again like it did this year.

Or they might decide they like winning it all so much they want to bring in Josh Hamilton in the offseason? For me, I hope they lose every game in the postseason in pathetic fashion. They are a very unlikable team this year.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 03:33 AM)
Or they might decide they like winning it all so much they want to bring in Josh Hamilton in the offseason? For me, I hope they lose every game in the postseason in pathetic fashion. They are a very unlikable team this year.

Why? If they get eliminated early, they might have the hunger next year. The way I see it, victory formula for the Sox has to include Detroit getting fattened up this postseason. Cause Detroit had a very s***ty year and the way I see it, will play MUCH BETTER next year, 90 wins without a sweat. If they win it all now, though ...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
Why? If they get eliminated early, they might have the hunger next year. The way I see it, victory formula for the Sox has to include Detroit getting fattened up this postseason. Cause Detroit had a very s***ty year and the way I see it, will play MUCH BETTER next year, 90 wins without a sweat. If they win it all now, though ...

Greg = JD

Man Card = Fan Card

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 03:37 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2711531:date=Oct 1, 2012 -> 09:35 PM:name=greg775)-->
QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 1, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
<!--quotec-->Why? If they get eliminated early, they might have the hunger next year. The way I see it, victory formula for the Sox has to include Detroit getting fattened up this postseason. Cause Detroit had a very s***ty year and the way I see it, will play MUCH BETTER next year, 90 wins without a sweat. If they win it all now, though ...

<!--quoteo(post=2711520:date=Oct 1, 2012 -> 09:27 PM:name=Quinarvy)-->

<!--quotec-->

Greg = JD

Man Card = Fan Card

What is the significance of the clip? I don't get it.