2012 ALCS: Tigers vs Yankees

Brian

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 12:29 AM)
I like how Jeter is literally writing in pain on the ground and the TBS commentators are saying "Oh, he's fine". Like wtf.

He popped his head up for a second with a smile on his face before going back into pain mode...it was weird and it fooled me too

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 10:13 AM)
He popped his head up for a second with a smile on his face before going back into pain mode...it was weird and it fooled me too

It looked like a smile but that was a grimace. When he was helped off the field you could tell he was done by the way he was holding his ankle.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 05:21 PM)
Ernie Harwell's voice sounds like he contracted strep throat and then went out to a bar and did karaoke all night. It's kind of annoying.

You're really going to complain about one of the top 3-5 all-time voices of baseball, now deceased?

Anibal Sanchez, FWIW, earning himself a huge contract in free agency.

Who do the Tigers go to in the 8th and 9th?

Their options are Villarreal, Alburquerque, Benoit and Dotel.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 05:36 PM)
Another unbelievably awful call goes against the Yankees. Add f***ing instant replay. It is inexcusable to allow umps to continue to blow play that aren't even close.

Especially in postseason.

Nick Swisher is "hurt" by jeers from NYY Bleacher Creatures :crying

Here are some quick quotes from Yankees outfielder Nick Swisher, who said that he has been “hurt” by what he has heard the last two nights from the Bleacher Creatures in Yankee Stadium’s right field and suggested that it might be a good thing for the Yankees to hit the road and get to Detroit:

On the loss: “A lot of bad stuff has kind of happened in a short amount of time. Obviously we lose our captain, we lose these first two games at home, but hey man. It might be nice to get out of here and get to Detroit and hopefully pull out some wins over there.”

Booing bother you?: “It’s a crazy game. Being here in New York, obviously there’s a lot of expectations. I don’t know what to say, bro.”

Make it tougher to play here?: “You know if you go up there and get a hit, you might not hear much, but if you make an out you’re definitely going to hear about it. That’s kind of the way it is here. That’s why as a group in here we need to rally around each other and support each other, whether guys are doing good or doing bad. That’s what makes up these 25 guys in here, man, it’s all up to us.”

Given that, is it a good thing to head to Detroit?: “Maybe, man. I’ve been so fortunate to be here and play every day. When things kind of turn like that, obviously it kind of hurts a little bit. This is the type of city and crowd that really rallies around its team. That’s the reason why we’ve got 27 championships. To go through a stretch like this where it’s kind of a negative attitude, a negative-type setting, it’s tough. But hey man that’s part of the game. Rightfully so. There’s a lot of expectations here and I guess when you don’t get the job done, you’re going to hear about it.”

Did you ignore the Creatures today?: “Last night was pretty big. A lot of people saying a lot of things I’ve never heard before. For example, I missed that ball in the lights and the next thing you know, I’m the reason that Jeter got hurt. It’s kind of frustrating. They were saying it’s my fault.”

Much less interaction today, then?: “I‘m one of those guys where if you give me a hug I’ll run through a brick wall for you, man. It just kind of seems right now like there’s a lot of … It’s tough. It’s really tough. You want to go out there, you want to play for your city, for your team. Just right now, it’s just really tough.”

Always take warmup throws that close to infield?: ”Today I did.”

Lackluster salute during roll call?: ”That’s the last thing that I ever thought would be in this ballpark, that people would get on you that bad, especially you’re home where your heart is, where you’ve been battling and grinding all year long. It’s just frustrating man. You never want to be in that spot. It’s not like you’re trying to go out there and do bad on purpose. It’s just tough.”

Disappointing?: ”You know, it is. It hurts. Sometimes I’m a sensitive guy and some of the things people say, man, they get under your skin a little bit. Hey, man, I’ve been lucky to be here for the past four years bro, and we’re not going to go out like this. We’re going to go to Detroit, man, give everything we’ve got and we’re going to go from there.”

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
SI has a newsflash that Swisher might be benched today.

So he has had 4 straight poor postseasons, and is batting under .200 in 55 at bats vs Verlander with 22 Ks. And this is a newsflash.

1-33 with RISP in the post season, career. That is just mind blowing. You'd have to imagine that once in a while he would hit a jam shot that fell in, or something.