White Sox winter meetings thread...

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 11:21 AM)
quick note.. Revere to the Phills is done. Really surprised to see them move Span and Revere in the same offseason

I thought so too, at first. Then I realized they can use Mastroianni there until their glut of 20-year old CF prospects get ready.

1 CF Alejandro De Aza*

2 3B Jeff Keppinger

3 DH Adam Dunn*

4 1B Paul Konerko

5 RF Alex Rios

6 LF Dayan Viciedo

7 SS Alexei Ramirez

8 C Tyler Flowers

9 2B Gordon Beckham

Projected Bench

C Hector Gimenez**

IF Angel Sanchez RULE V

OF Jordan Danks*

OF DeWayne Wise*

Projected Starting Rotation

1 LHP Chris Sale

2 RHP Jake Peavy

3 LHP John Danks

4 RHP Gavin Floyd

5 LHP Jose Quintana

Projected Bullpen

CL RHP Addison Reed BA#1 BP#1

SU LHP Matt Thornton

SU RHP Jesse Crain

MID LHP Hector Santiago BA#11

MID RHP Nate Jones

MID LHP Donnie Veal

LR RHP Dylan Axelrod BA#24 BP#19

This is our current setup per mlbdepthcharts.com.

You know, I don't hate that team, as-is. One "splash" and I think I might even be excited.

Does anyone have a good idea of the left-handed hitters that are available via trade? As Rock said, the outgoing package could be Floyd, Quintana, and Thornton...that doesn't open a spot in the lineup. So, maybe it's Floyd, Quintana/Thornton, and Rios/Viciedo.

Could the Sox actually be in on Hamilton, and the trade frees up cash and brings back prospects?

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 11:42 AM)
Does anyone have a good idea of the left-handed hitters that are available via trade? As Rock said, the outgoing package could be Floyd, Quintana, and Thornton...that doesn't open a spot in the lineup. So, maybe it's Floyd, Quintana/Thornton, and Rios/Viciedo.

Could the Sox actually be in on Hamilton, and the trade frees up cash and brings back prospects?

I dont see the Sox typing up that much into one player, especially one with so many risks. It just isn't like the Sox to do that.

I'm 95% sure that the splash (if any) will come in through trade.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 11:42 AM)

Ellsbury is supposedly available for pitching, but that is certainly a long shot.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 11:58 AM)
Ellsbury wouldn't be a bad pickup, but it's tricky adding to a position of strength. A hiccup or regression for Ellsbury and you have gained nothing.

I don't think regression is what you worry about, it is injury

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 11:58 AM)
Ellsbury wouldn't be a bad pickup, but it's tricky adding to a position of strength. A hiccup or regression for Ellsbury and you have gained nothing.

I don't think we have the chips to get him anyways. Boston is looking for young cost controlled pitching which we really don't have to trade. It would take some sort of three way deal.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 11:29 AM)
1 CF Alejandro De Aza*

2 3B Jeff Keppinger

3 DH Adam Dunn*

4 1B Paul Konerko

5 RF Alex Rios

6 LF Dayan Viciedo

7 SS Alexei Ramirez

8 C Tyler Flowers

9 2B Gordon Beckham

Way too many outs in this lineup. OBP needs to improve, specifically from 6-9 in the lineup.

Is Konerko still a #4 hitter? On this team, he probably is, but the 2nd half of the season was ugly and he's now a year older.

Alex Rios has been up/down/up/down...he's coming off an up season.

I'm fairly comfortable with De Aza and Dunn in the lineup in their spots. Dunn will frustrate with his K's and low average, but on the hole, this is a poor lineup that the pitching will need to cover for.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 12:17 PM)
Way too many outs in this lineup. OBP needs to improve, specifically from 6-9 in the lineup.

Is Konerko still a #4 hitter? On this team, he probably is, but the 2nd half of the season was ugly and he's now a year older.

I'm fairly comfortable with De Aza and Dunn in the lineup in their spots. Dunn will frustrate with his K's and low average, but on the hole, this is a poor lineup that the pitching will need to cover for.

I'd like Dunn at 4, Rios 3, PK 5

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)
If the Sox can get something of value for Morel, they should leap at the chance.

Actually, unless there's someone willing to overpay..i think i'm going to disagree with this.

If the player that once was fell off due mainly to injury, and you believe the injury is not career-threatening (unsure on that)........ then isn't he of greater value as a young guy to just monitor while Keppinger gets older and older?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)
If the Sox can get something of value for Morel, they should leap at the chance.

that's the problem... who would offer something of value? At this point it is better to sit on him and hope he rebounds to league average. If not, he has no value anyway.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 12:17 PM)

5-9 are up in the air if they will even be with us next season. Some of those pieces may be gone.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 01:17 PM)
5-9 are up in the air if they will even be with us next season. Some of those pieces may be gone.

You do realize that we are all going to get a lot less done at work for the next few weeks now. Things could be exciting (in a good or bad way) soon.