2013 Spring Training catch all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 19, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
I do honestly hate that the Astros are in the AL now, 8 years after they were in the World Series for the NL. Any of the Padres, Rockies, and Brewers would have made more sense.

Taking the Brewers from the AL to NL back to AL would look really bad for the league.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 20, 2013 -> 12:02 AM)
I like it. Eye level stays the same, swings through the ball a bit better. It's a little quieter too which is what I've always felt was the biggest flaw in his swing. Getting him hitting well would be monstrous.

Yeah I like it too, but that is such a massive issue with Gordon since 2009, his batting stance and swing changes so much throughout the year. He can't seem to keep it consistent and repeatable.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 20, 2013 -> 02:02 AM)
I like it. Eye level stays the same, swings through the ball a bit better. It's a little quieter too which is what I've always felt was the biggest flaw in his swing. Getting him hitting well would be monstrous.

he still has a hitch though.

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 20, 2013 -> 02:30 PM)
Chris Sale is doing some call-in thing...

https://twitter.com/whitesox

I like that he's humble, but somebody needs to tell him he's the ace of the White Sox and he's starting opening day and hopefully starting 33 games, including 6 against the Tigers this year.

Really stretching to find something to b**** about today huh?

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 20, 2013 -> 01:30 PM)
Chris Sale is doing some call-in thing...

https://twitter.com/whitesox

I like that he's humble, but somebody needs to tell him he's the ace of the White Sox and he's starting opening day and hopefully starting 33 games, including 6 against the Tigers this year.

How is talking to a few fans on the phone going to exclude him from pitching this year?

I wasn't clear. I'm not complaining that he did a call-in. That's fine. But his comments on there that Peavy should start Opening Day. I think Sale should want the ball Opening Day, and I would hope Robin just gets over with and let's him know he's opening the season against Shields.

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 20, 2013 -> 03:28 PM)
I wasn't clear. I'm not complaining that he did a call-in. That's fine. But his comments on there that Peavy should start Opening Day. I think Sale should want the ball Opening Day, and I would hope Robin just gets over with and let's him know he's opening the season against Shields.

I think most players who are young like him will him would publicly back the veteran when asked.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 20, 2013 -> 03:38 PM)
I think most players who are young like him will him would publicly back the veteran when asked.

There's almost no way you can sound bad in deferring to the veteran, and its really easy to sound bad if you try to talk up how you deserve it.

Management won't care what his answer here is, they'll have him start the opener unless he isn't ready or they're setting the rotation for something.

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 20, 2013 -> 02:28 PM)

I'm sure Sale wants to start Opening Day, but sometimes you don't just come out and say that to the media. I'm sure Quintana, Danks, & Floyd all want the ball Opening Day too, but they aren't asking for it either.

If you read the Peavy article from last night, there is no doubt who the leader of the staff is. And it's not like Peavy pitched poorly last year. Peavy deferred to Sale because he was the best, but I think it will end up being Peavy. I actually want Peavy to start Game 1 too.

I talked to Chris Sale yesterday! I was the one who asked him who should start opening day- him or Peavy. It all happened so fast, from seeing the 800 # posted on Facebook to calling in, that it was the best I could think of. I knew during Soxfest it had been reported he said Peavy should start and Peavy said he should start, so I just rolled with it. Tried to quickly google some stats while on hold, but his numbers against Tigers hitters was better than my memory of his W-L record vs. them so I had nothing else to ask.

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 20, 2013 -> 02:28 PM)

I'll just pretend yesterday was April Fools day and that you're really not beefing about something so trivial.