East Region

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 22, 2013 -> 05:59 PM)
Next victim: Miami

Feels so sweet after every national channel I watch was picking CU>Illini as their upset pick.

I am going to go crazy if we beat Miami, would be just huge for the program and Groce.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 22, 2013 -> 06:24 PM)
Wouldn't it be better if we just put the top 2 ranked teams together and had them play?

Not for the top 2 teams, lol.

They should really have re-seeding in the tournament.

I don't really root actively against Illinois or Iowa State or WI or Creighton (probably the one I'd root for hardest), because basketball thriving in the Midwest is going to be good in general for Iowa Hawkeye BB too, but it's easier to at least not to root against those teams in the NCAA tournament than it would be to root for the Cubs in the World Series.

Iowa State's had a very impressive run, Hoiberg's done great (especially recruiting) and so has McDermott.

And it's nice to see Larry Eustachy back on his feet and doing well. He also took Southern Miss to the NCAA's, and it will be interesting to see if he can ever get another offer with a major conference team again.

I don't really root actively against Illinois or Iowa State or WI or Creighton (probably the one I'd root for hardest), because basketball thriving in the Midwest is going to be good in general for Iowa Hawkeye BB too, but it's easier to at least not to root against those teams in the NCAA tournament than it would be to root for the Cubs in the World Series.

Iowa State's had a very impressive run, Hoiberg's done great (especially recruiting) and so has McDermott.

And it's nice to see Larry Eustachy back on his feet and doing well. He also took Southern Miss to the NCAA's, and it will be interesting to see if he can ever get another offer with a major conference team again.

Losing those games to Hampton and MSU were killers, back a decade ago.

Edited by caulfield12

Marquette was really annoying me so I was rooting for Butler. Some terrible possessions down the stretch, none worse than that last play.

That horrid over the back call ends up being the difference in the end, though!

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 23, 2013 -> 10:08 PM)
Marquette was really annoying me so I was rooting for Butler. Some terrible possessions down the stretch, none worse than that last play.

That horrid over the back call ends up being the difference in the end, though!

Marquette had a lot of crazy bounces/rolls on the rim go in too. Literally had all the bounces going their way.