Triggers that remind you of the White Sox

witesoxfan

Just as sort of a venting/b****ing/celebratory/random thread, what are certain things you hear or see that take you back to moments in White Sox history? Good or bad, we all have certain things that just send us through Deja Vu in a second which causes us to wander through these nostalgic moments.

There are several I can think of, but that one that hit me today was this.

and all I could think of was this bright, smiling rookie Gordon "The Slayer" Beckham

gordon-beckham.jpg

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 08:27 PM)
Just as sort of a venting/b****ing/celebratory/random thread, what are certain things you hear or see that take you back to moments in White Sox history? Good or bad, we all have certain things that just send us through Deja Vu in a second which causes us to wander through these nostalgic moments.

There are several I can think of, but that one that hit me today was this.

and all I could think of was this bright, smiling rookie Gordon "The Slayer" Beckham

gordon-beckham.jpg

I miss that Beckham and that being his walk up song.

That's a good one too, I always forget about smells like that. Haven't been to USCF - fingers crossed for 2014 because this summer is impossible - but anywhere I smell anything like that, I immediately think of sitting down and watching a baseball game.

A few...

Journey

Your Love

Tornado Sirens (My dad was a kid in 1959. When the Sox won the pennant, Daley had the air raid sirens turned on, and he loved the celebration so much he had to be a White Sox fan despite the fact that his dad liked the Cubs. My dad of course then passed his White Sox fandom down to me.)

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 11:12 PM)
"s*** it's Belle-Big Hurt, and I need to catch a train in Thome minutes to get the Minoso bus so I can get home and get some sweet, sweet poon at Aparicio!"

I love it

Perfect.