NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)
I'm pretty indifferent on the Pacers. Either way everyone here will be rooting for Indy when they face Miami in the playoffs, this I'm sure of.

After having lived through the Reggie Miller era, I just can't do it. f*** the Pacers.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 07:14 AM)
I would rank the Bad Boyz Pistons, 90s Knicks, and 90s Heat before Reggie Miller and the Pacers. Just me?

Actually, Reggie and a pacers before 90s Riley Heat.

90s Heat? Why? The Bulls stomped those turds always.

I would rank the Bad Boyz Pistons, 90s Knicks, and 90s Heat before Reggie Miller and the Pacers. Just me?

I always loved Reggie's antics against the Knicks and Spike during those days. John Starks for example is much higher on my personal hate list than Miller.

Actually, Reggie and a pacers before 90s Riley Heat.

The Detroit teams are always at the top of any list. When it comes to all time hated basketball teams, for me.

1. Chuck Daley's bad boy Pistons teams late 80's/early90's

2. Reggie Miller's Pacers teams

3. This version of the Heat

4. The 90's Knicks (though I would still like to punch John Starks)

5. The Jail Blazers

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 04:59 PM)
I'm hoping they lose out just because I think it would be awesome to see a team have a 36 game losing streak to end a season.

They should be inserted into the playoffs if that happens.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 04:59 PM)
I'm hoping they lose out just because I think it would be awesome to see a team have a 36 game losing streak to end a season.

Seeing as they play the Bobcats twice it sure would be nice. If the Bobcats win just those 2 games they'll finish with 37 wins. New York, who's currently in the (bottom) 10 spot, would have to go 8-1 to knock the Cats into the bottom 10.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 29, 2014 -> 01:20 PM)
Seeing as they play the Bobcats twice it sure would be nice. If the Bobcats win just those 2 games they'll finish with 37 wins. New York, who's currently in the (bottom) 10 spot, would have to go 8-1 to knock the Cats into the bottom 10.

So it is pretty much a done deal that we get their pick this year, right? It was top 10 protected?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 29, 2014 -> 02:10 PM)
So it is pretty much a done deal that we get their pick this year, right? It was top 10 protected?

Ya, it's top 10 protected

(rankings from the bottom)

14. Bobcats 35-38

10. Knicks 30-43

9. Cleveland 29-45

I believe that would make their "Magic number" 4(?)

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 29, 2014 -> 04:55 PM)
If we can get Aaron Gordon with that pick I would be so happy. I'm not sure why he's that low on draft boards but he is, at least for now. I'd gladly take that over a future lottery pick.

Because he's extremely limited offensively and doesn't have ideal size for a 4. Still, I doubt he falls out of the top-10 with his athleticism.