NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 05:05 PM)
So, let's be honest. The Heat are clearly going to sign Bynum for league minimum.

And then the rest of the board will say what an awful signing it is and it'll never workout despite the fact every move the Heat have made since July, 2010 has worked out.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 05:40 PM)
And then the rest of the board will say what an awful signing it is and it'll never workout despite the fact every move the Heat have made since July, 2010 has worked out.

LOL, right. They have so many amazing assets outside of the big 3.

How many minutes has Greg Oden played this year? Oh yeah, none.

Bynum had a pretty great opportunity here and blew it. I'm not sure that a team like the Heat is going to want a guy like him to rock the boat. I could be wrong, but why bring a total cancer to the absolute, odds-on favorite to win the title? Seems like the risk is way too high for the potential payoff of...winning again.

I'll go on my other Bulls' related rant beside the failure to add a backup center the last couple of years: the Bulls' felt the need to use both their 1st round pick and their MLE on backup point guards in the 2012 off-season. They were grossly outplayed by a vet minimum guy last year (Nate) and so far have been outplayed by added mid-season off the street this year (Augustin). Poor use of assets that hasn't improved their situation at all.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 06:39 PM)
Bynum had a pretty great opportunity here and blew it. I'm not sure that a team like the Heat is going to want a guy like him to rock the boat. I could be wrong, but why bring a total cancer to the absolute, odds-on favorite to win the title? Seems like the risk is way too high for the potential payoff of...winning again.

He's been awful this year, but someone will take a chance on him because he's a big body. This is especially true since both the Heat and Clippers could really use another big.

Yeah, that Eddy Curry signing really worked out well. Surprised the s*** out of me.

I think it'd work out pretty well. Bynum didn't look like a complete stiff before being deactivated.

Bynum to the Heat would be interesting. I don't think Bynum would automatically fall in line and ball out because of the Big 3 presence. He has played on some star driven Lakers teams, I don't think he really gives a s*** and does what he wants. It all depends on whether he feels like playing

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 09:16 PM)
Phoneix just looked absolutely terrible. Bulls up 5 with 37 seconds to go and the Bulls on the line.

Snell looked really good again today.

Bad Tank loss. But ya Snell has looked good when given minutes.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 05:55 PM)
How many minutes has Greg Oden played this year? Oh yeah, none.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 06:56 PM)
Yeah, that Eddy Curry signing really worked out well. Surprised the s*** out of me.

C'mon really? I know we hate the Heat, but these posts are pretty biased.

On top of my head, the bigger name signings that didn't work out for them the last few years: Eddy Curry, Mike Bibby, Rashard Lewis, Greg Oden.

But there are other guys who signed who also performed over the value of their contract: Ray Allen, Mike Miller, Shane Battier, Birdman, and even Beasley this year.

And yea, they also made it to the Finals three straight years, so I think things are working out pretty well for them.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 08:50 AM)

On top of my head, the bigger name signings that didn't work out for them the last few years: Eddy Curry, Mike Bibby, Rashard Lewis, Greg Oden.

But there are other guys who signed who also performed over the value of their contract: Ray Allen, Mike Miller, Shane Battier, Birdman, and even Beasley this year.

And yea, they also made it to the Finals three straight years, so I think things are working out pretty well for them.

Didn't Miller sign a very large, larger than the MLE contract the same year the big 3 assembled themselves?

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 07:50 AM)

Not biased. Just responses to the very biased post that every move they have made the last 3 years worked out. You gave 4 that did not. The posts you are calling out each gave one.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 08:08 AM)
Didn't Miller sign a very large, larger than the MLE contract the same year the big 3 assembled themselves?

Yes, like 5/$25. He absolutely did not live up to his value.

Also, who says Bynum signs with anyone? His interest level, the money he's made, and his body seem to indicate that the dude is done, at least for now.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 07:50 AM)

J4L said every move the Heat has made since 2010 has worked out. Clearly, that's not the case and he just loves circlejerking to the Heat.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 08:03 PM)
Today was 'get up and win one for Lou' kind of game.

Not gonna last.

Please. This is the east. Unless they are going to amnesty Boozer and sell Hinrich, etc and start Teague, they are going to make the playoffs. That is why I really don't care for the Deng trade. It really isn't that good if we don't end up with a lotto pick.