NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle Lowry is quietly putting up a really nice season - 15.9 ppg, 7.5 AST, .576 TS%, 4.0 RPG (which is somehow a career low, he averaged 5.6 last year and has been over 6 before, stellar for a PG)

If the Cavs weren't idiots and they were able to build a legit team around LeBron and he never left Cleveland, Miami would be just one more EC team nipping at the heals of a James led dynasty. Let's face facts, Riley, Wade, Bosh and James broke NBA rules (collusion) to create a superteam to stack the odds. Seriously, gimme a core of James, Wade and Bosh and even I can build a team around them.

J4L, if you're really eager to handjob a franchise, it's San Antonio bro...you know, the team that SHOULD'VE won last year.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 10:02 AM)
If the Cavs weren't idiots and they were able to build a legit team around LeBron and he never left Cleveland, Miami would be just one more EC team nipping at the heals of a James led dynasty. Let's face facts, Riley, Wade, Bosh and James broke NBA rules (collusion) to create a superteam to stack the odds. Seriously, gimme a core of James, Wade and Bosh and even I can build a team around them.

J4L, if you're really eager to handjob a franchise, it's San Antonio bro...you know, the team that SHOULD'VE won last year.

For real. What they have done down there is nothing short of amazing.

Uh-oh.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketba...ticle-1.1570414

James can also opt out of his contract this July, and there is already talk about him possibly heading to Chicago to join a young core with Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah and Jimmy Butler.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketba...4#ixzz2pvj06n9b

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
Lol, New York newspapers be craaaaaaazy

That is the same paper we all just laughed at for saying that Deng was getting traded. Could be a shot of sunshine on a dog's ass, then again who knows. I know I am not jumping on them right now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 01:16 PM)
That is the same paper we all just laughed at for saying that Deng was getting traded. Could be a shot of sunshine on a dog's ass, then again who knows. I know I am not jumping on them right now.

We laughed at them because we didn't trust the FO, but moving Deng wasn't exactly a startling move, it needed to happen. Really, the guy made a duh prediction at the time when it was in the works and being talked about.

Predicting James next move is a lot bigger of a shot in the dark IMO

I just don't think James will do that. He's not going to keep hopping franchise to franchise. It's CLE or MIA, but 99.999% MIA.

But, yeah this NYDN thing, I am perplexed by how we're getting beat by this.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 08:19 PM)
We laughed at them because we didn't trust the FO, but moving Deng wasn't exactly a startling move, it needed to happen. Really, the guy made a duh prediction at the time when it was in the works and being talked about.

I don't know, I put a 2% chance of us trading Deng. I was shocked.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 06:56 PM)
Yeah, you were dead wrong about Beasley. #JimmyButlerWillBeTheDifference

Lmao. Are you serious? Why the hell would they risk Oden In December against the Bucks, Magic and Raptors? Not every coach is as shortsighted as Thibs. They're saving Oden for Hibbert, Duncan/Dwight in May/June.

This dude said Eddy Curry. Please. He was regular season roster filler. They'd have to discontinue food all together before a basketball genius such as Pat Riley would even think of counting on Eddy Curry for a postseason run.

Yeah, cause Greg Oden is SOOOOO good. He's their secret weapon against the best teams in the league? It'll be a miracle if he plays at all.

Edited by chw42

I don't see why LeBron would want to play for the Bulls. The winter weather is bad. DRose may or not be as good as he was, and who knows how long he can last. Seems to me, there are a few other places that would seem more logical if he wanted to flee Miami. I really don't understand why he would want to do that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 02:13 PM)

And Warriors interested in Hinrich.

Trade Dunleavy and Kirk for picks. Build as many draft assets as you can to package for better picks/players.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 02:44 PM)
I don't see why LeBron would want to play for the Bulls. The winter weather is bad. DRose may or not be as good as he was, and who knows how long he can last. Seems to me, there are a few other places that would seem more logical if he wanted to flee Miami. I really don't understand why he would want to do that.

Only one I can see is dethroning Jordan in his own city.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
And Warriors interested in Hinrich.

Trade Dunleavy and Kirk for picks. Build as many draft assets as you can to package for better picks/players.

Only one I can see is dethroning Jordan in his own city.

He'd have to win 6-7 titles. And even then I don't know that he would.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 01:19 PM)

It needed to happen, but absolutely no one connected to the organization or reporting on the organization thought it would happen. The NYDN was the only place it was reported as going to happen.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 9, 2014 -> 03:56 PM)
He'd have to win 6-7 titles. And even then I don't know that he would.

Not really. Jordan has kind of played his post Bulls career rather poorly similar to what Dick Butkus did with the Bears. You kind of need to be involved in this day and age to keep the buzz going. Other than his divorce and his house being for sale he is a ghost to Chicago.

LeBron can come in with Rose stock as low as it could possibly get. At this point Rose would be second fiddle to Lebron.