2013-2014 NHL thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was ready for us to lose when we were down 3-1 because we just appeared to be the inferior team. It's frustrating to look so good over the next 3 games but still lose.

Game 7 happens, winning goal off Leddy armpit

Since the season started, defense has been the problem. They have been scoring goals, but giving up a lot and that's what happened in this series.

They lost a great series to a great team in their 4th conference final in six years. Disappointed to not win the Cup, but quite the run and this team is still very young.

Great game. No complaints.

I am a bit surprised the 2-0 lead got wiped away so quickly. I thought the Hawks just might run them out of the building. Hawks gave up way too many goals this series. I don't blame Crawford at all though he definitely didn't have the amazing acrobatic saves of a year ago.

It wasn't meant to be, though it's a tough loss on home ice. Congratulations to a good Kings team that might win it all.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 11:13 PM)
Stan better be on the phone by now, calling every team that will answer about Brent Seabrook.

Should I go out on a limb and say a Hawks/Florida trade is forthcoming? Seabrook for Barkov. DO IT.

Why the hell would Florida trade a young, good defenseman for a slow, fat one?

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 11:31 PM)
It's a beautiful thing that it shouldn't be too difficult to put a really great team out there again for next year

I didn't realize exactly how much of the team is signed up for next year already. The biggest UFA they have is either Brookbank or Regin (unless you want to count Hanzus). The RFAs are Morin, Raanta, and Ben Smith.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 08:25 AM)
I didn't realize exactly how much of the team is signed up for next year already. The biggest UFA they have is either Brookbank or Regin (unless you want to count Hanzus). The RFAs are Morin, Raanta, and Ben Smith.

The #1 offseason concern for the front office is signing Kane & Toews to long-term deals.

And taking a look at capgeek.com, it pains me to see Brandon Bollig signed through 2017 at $1.25 million. Ugh.

I still can't figure out what they were doing with that 4th line most of this playoffs. Versteeg and Bollig played a combined 6 minutes last night. They have to have a better 4th line next year.

I don't see Seabrook getting traded.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 08:25 AM)

I think its going to be a little less busy other than the extensions. There are clear holes on this team that need to be addressed but as usual the core is there and you need to add to a team that is already very good.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 08:58 AM)
I think its going to be a little less busy other than the extensions. There are clear holes on this team that need to be addressed but as usual the core is there and you need to add to a team that is already very good.

If you can find a 2C, and get Toews/Kane locked up for the next 5/6 years, you can be done for the winter essentially. (obviously little stuff needs to be done)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 11:32 AM)
So who are the leading candidates to have been playing through major injuries? I'm hoping Seabrook had something going on, so there is some excuse for how awful he played.

I know he led the team in shots, but Hossa, just didn't look as strong as he usually is.