Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:59 PM)
CJ Edwards would have been either our 1st or 2nd best pitching prospect

I'm just saying that the sox need to get a top position player back in a deal for Peavy. Olt wouldn't have been my choice. So there are many other teams that fit besides Texas.

Sardinas wouldn't have headlined a deal-much like Edwards, a good 2nd prospect.

FWIW, I'd like the sox to be able to get Sardinas sometime soon, without a Peavy deal.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:32 PM)
I'm just saying that the sox need to get a top position player back in a deal for Peavy. Olt wouldn't have been my choice. So there are many other teams that fit besides Texas.

Sardinas wouldn't have headlined a deal-much like Edwards, a good 2nd prospect.

FWIW, I'd like the sox to be able to get Sardinas sometime soon, without a Peavy deal.

I actually like Odor above Sardinas, and it would be nice if the Rangers want to give him up this deadline to for a reliever.

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:42 PM)
My gut tells me the Red Sox are going to make the major move to get Peavy and Crain. They are loaded with Solid prospects in the infield and starting pitching.

I've always thought packaging Peavy and Crain would maximize a return, but Crain needs to return and pitch a couple times. It would be nice to see a bidding war from a few teams.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:46 PM)
I've always thought packaging Peavy and Crain would maximize a return, but Crain needs to return and pitch a couple times. It would be nice to see a bidding war from a few teams.

Hopefully Crain can come back and pitch a game or two. Crain is a free agent and not going to risk it and lose out on last big contract.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:52 PM)
I'd like to know

He said GM's actually like Peavy's deal more because of the extra year. This was surprising to him because he said he would rather go after the cheaper rental. He said Alex Rios is actually very well thought of around the league and one blip on the radar isnt going to affect him. He said Crain needs to pitch before somebody probably makes an offer for him.

It will be interesting to see Hahn's strategy for Peavy now that Garza is off the market. Will he try to work a deal out fast or will he hold on to Peavy until the last few minutes of the deadline to maximum the possible return? Hahn should have control of the sellers market now and needs to take advantage of it.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 01:55 PM)
He said GM's actually like Peavy's deal more because of the extra year. This was surprising to him because he said he would rather go after the cheaper rental. He said Alex Rios is actually very well thought of around the league and one blip on the radar isnt going to affect him. He said Crain needs to pitch before somebody probably makes an offer for him.

These are all things I wanted to hear, thanks!

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 02:55 PM)

Cheaper monetarily but they gave up a player per month for him if they make the post season because of him. If not it's even more. Huge over pay. Yes envious that it couldn't be Peavy.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 05:05 PM)
With Garza deal done, Sox now have arguably the best pitcher, relief pitcher and hitter available in the trade marke. Things could get very interesting.

Hahn will have to manage all these assets very carefully. He can't afford to keep them all until the last few minutes of the deadline. That's why I think we'll see a move or two made at least a couple days prior to the deadline. Lindstrom in particular could go quick IMO.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 05:08 PM)
Cheaper monetarily but they gave up a player month for him if they make the post season because of him. If not it's even more. Huge over pay. Yes envious that it couldn't be Peavy.

I really think its a fair deal for both sides. As for Heyman he was talking about the contracts.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 04:46 PM)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Peavy and Lindstrom go to Boston instead, given that the White Sox will have leverage to demand a quick move on peavy but Boston won't want to commit to Crain until he is healthy.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 06:21 PM)
Gordon Wittenmyer ‏@GDubCub 5m

Olt to be assigned to Iowa. Grimm too. Edwards to A Daytona. And TWO ptbnl's in deal.

Retweeted by Chris De Luca

Expand

Christ.

Peavy's price shot up.