Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 12:10 AM)
Toni Ginnetti ‏@toniginnetti 2h

Sox closing in on trading Peavy http://voices.suntimes.com/none/sox-closin...-trading-peavy/ … via @suntimes

:lol:

Atta boy. That's using the press, Rick!

Next time sprinkle in a bit of Bora$ too:

"the Cardinals and Red Sox, joined by the Braves, D'backs, and Orioles, and with late inquiries by two mystery teams."

Competition. Leverage. Smarts.

Edited by CyAcosta41

QUOTE (CyAcosta41 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 07:49 AM)
:lol:

Atta boy. That's using the press, Rick!

Next time sprinkle in a bit of Bora$ too:

"the Cardinals and Red Sox, joined by the Braves, D'backs, and Orioles, and with late inquiries by two mystery teams."

Competition. Leverage. Smarts.

Lol...you always need a couple of mystery teams!

Hah, what a cock tease.

One interesting part of that is that it says Peavy may not make his scheduled start Tuesday.

Unless a trade is done or very, very close within a couple hours of game time, Peavy will make his start.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 08:36 AM)
Who are the Sox getting for him?

No idea where he's going, but I think they'll get that wrapped up before he's supposed to pitch again. It just doesn't make sense for the Sox to have him throw another pitch if they intend to trade him. And there are too many teams that want him not to get a deal done.

I'll be stunned if he's the scheduled pitcher for the Sox on Tuesday morning for that night's game.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 07:32 AM)
Peavy is getting traded Monday. They won't get to his start day.

There probably won't be any trades today out of deference to the Hall of Fame inductions although I don't see why.

As a Cardinal fan, I am hoping that Peavy goes to STL but I still think it will be Boston or STL but nobody knows for sure.

Knobler tweeted yesterday that the Cardinals getting Ramirez is "unlikely". That is disappointing but there is still Peavy. I remain hopeful.

QUOTE (mike65 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 08:45 AM)
There probably won't be any trades today out of deference to the Hall of Fame inductions although I don't see why.

As a Cardinal fan, I am hoping that Peavy goes to STL but I still think it will be Boston or STL but nobody knows for sure.

Knobler tweeted yesterday that the Cardinals getting Ramirez is "unlikely". That is disappointing but there is still Peavy. I remain hopeful.

As a Sox fan, I really hate to see Peavy go. The guy is a competitor. I think he has had a good effect on the rest of the staff. But, if he has to be traded to improve the Sox going forward, I would like him to go to the Cardinals. If the White Sox did not exist, I would probably root for the Cardinals.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 08:14 AM)
As a Sox fan, I really hate to see Peavy go. The guy is a competitor. I think he has had a good effect on the rest of the staff. But, if he has to be traded to improve the Sox going forward, I would like him to go to the Cardinals. If the White Sox did not exist, I would probably root for the Cardinals.

I was listening to XM this morning and Bowden was on with Ferrin and Nikowtski at the HOF. Anyway, the first item for discussion was Peavy and Bowden said that "the Cardinals offer of Martinez is still the best on the board" for the White Sox. I almost drove off the road.

Anyway, then I got to thinking about this week's supposed Martinez for Ramirez dust up and then It hit me. It wasn't Ramirez for Martinez; it was Peavy for Martinez. One name was correct; the other incorrect. I am actually stunned that the Cardinals would give up Martinez for Peavy. While surprised, I could actually see Mozeliak doing it.

What say you?

Could be more misinformation, but this article claims the BoSox interest in Peavy isn't what it seems, they are just "kicking the tires". They are more interested in Lindstrom according to this guy. Take it for what it's worth this time of July. Also if anyone could provide a little info on the prospects they mentioned on Boston's side.

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2013/7/28/4564...ires-jake-peavy

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 10:13 AM)
Could be more misinformation, but this article claims the BoSox interest in Peavy isn't what it seems, they are just "kicking the tires". They are more interested in Lindstrom according to this guy. Take it for what it's worth this time of July. Also if anyone could provide a little info on the prospects they mentioned on Boston's side.

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2013/7/28/4564...ires-jake-peavy

I was always skeptical of Chris Cotillo because of how young he is but he has had decent info this deadline. Remember though that he is a Red Sox fan as well. It's hard to believe what is true from anyone in that Red Sox media network because they always think they have the best prospects and should keep them all. To them, they'd be upset if Red Sox traded Ranaudo for Peavy straight up. They overvalue their own tremendously.