7/20, Sox vs Braves, Peavy back

Knackattack

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 10:08 PM)
Greg doesn't think Rios ran fast enough around the bases!

Sign of a great manager!!! It worked. Discipline works!!! Robin Ventura may be White Sox manager a long, long, long time! Congrats Robin and good hit, Rios.

p.s. I'm a little surprised fathom you don't want to run Rios out of town for his loafing. I thought what he did and his response in the interview was horrible.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 09:12 PM)
Sign of a great manager!!! It worked. Discipline works!!! Robin Ventura may be White Sox manager a long, long, long time! Congrats Robin and good hit, Rios.

p.s. I'm a little surprised fathom you don't want to run Rios out of town for his loafing. I thought what he did and his response in the interview was horrible.

My biggest issue is that this has been going on for two months and it seemed like an odd time for Ventura to finally act like a manager. Probably would have been a better idea to do something about it right away two months ago instead of letting things escalate with it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 10:14 PM)
My biggest issue is that this has been going on for two months and it seemed like an odd time for Ventura to finally act like a manager. Probably would have been a better idea to do something about it right away two months ago instead of letting things escalate with it.

I can buy that. I'm just glad Robin finally had enough of Rios' crap and pulled him. That's how some people have to be motivated and obviously it worked. Grand slam.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 04:26 PM)
Nice inning Jake. Keep it up and you will soon be pitching for a team with a competent defense.

Lol true. You guys are cracking me up today.

Real Stat line of Peavy is 3 hits and 2 runs through 4.

2 hits should of been made by the defense. And one didn't make it to the pitchers mound.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 20, 2013 -> 04:22 PM)
I can buy that. I'm just glad Robin finally had enough of Rios' crap and pulled him. That's how some people have to be motivated and obviously it worked. Grand slam.

It's amazing how your logic process works. If you believe this then Ventura should be fired immediately for not benching multiple players in April and May.