Alex Rios Appreciation Thread

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 08:18 PM)
It's funny to see how he's being defended when he was absolutely TRASHED for so long during his downturns. It's good to see a guy like Alex get a chance at a ring. I certainly had issues with him but on the whole, I tip my cap.

Well, the people who liked him are more likely to go into the appreciation thread.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 02:13 PM)
Ehhh the .750 OPS this year with the team playing like dogs*** compared to the .850 he put up last year with the team in contention till the very end kind of strongly disagrees with that idea. As do the multiple walk-off hits Rios had in a Sox uniform.

But don't you think his .530 OPS in the 41 games after the Sox acquired him kind of agrees with that idea? I think that soured a lot of people on Alex.

Edited by Leonard Zelig

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 07:43 PM)
2009 - hated you, Alex

2010 - liked you, Alex

2011 - hated you, Alex

2012 - loved you, Alex

2013 - liked you, Alex

Good luck in Texas, Alex!

Me too. Overall I won't miss being bipolar about alex rios. But I wish him the very best too.

Same thing will happen when dunn is done here.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 05:34 PM)
But don't you think his .530 OPS in the 41 games after the Sox acquired him kind of agrees with that idea? I think that soured a lot of people on Alex.

He was also coming here with the whole youtube video of him declining to sign an autograph for a kid.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 10, 2013 -> 04:15 AM)
The walk off against Aaardsma was probably the best stroke I've see put on a baseball in my life. I especially loved the reaction from the catcher & pitcher simultaneously immediately after he made contact.

That was a great game. I remember screaming at the top of my lungs when he hit that. I woke up my roommate who was sleeping...

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Aug 9, 2013 -> 05:34 PM)

He had a .667 OPS in his final 42 games with Toronto too. I think he was probably struggling at the plate, switched organizations for the first time in his career, and struggled to get acclimated, especially considering how upset Dye was over the idea of losing playing time to Rios. Anybody who really lets a 40 game sample size change their opinion of a player is a little short-sighted, don't you think?