St. Louis Cardinals vs. Boston Red Sox

knightni

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 08:59 PM)
Kozma drops a grounder in the hole. Thats 2 screw ups by him in less than 2 innings. Hope Cards lose the Series they might want to get Alexei :P

I was just thinking in my head when Kozma made that 2nd error, "Man, they should have traded for Alexei".

Alexei's 2nd half - .282 AVG, .727 OPS, 5 HR, 104 OPS+

Kozma's 2nd half - .179 AVG, .496 OPS, 0 HR, 70 OPS+

Bottom line, Kozma blows and Alexei would have been a massive upgrade.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 02:09 PM)
The kid from the Cards minor leagues who posted a pic of Lester with a substance in his glove has deleted his posts about it.

Too late to close the barn door when the cow is already eating the azaleas.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 02:12 PM)
Too late to close the barn door when the cow is already eating the azaleas.

Not sure if Lester had a foreign substance. But on the Pop-up at the mound, the Cards battery looked like they had one between innings.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 01:09 PM)
The kid from the Cards minor leagues who posted a pic of Lester with a substance in his glove has deleted his posts about it.

Media consensus seems to be that a lot of pitchers are up to little tricks, so better not to tattle unless you want them checking your guys.

I read about this last week, you mix the Bullfrog with rosin to get a sticky substance for a better grip. MLB doesn't care about that for some reason.

Yeah, using substances to get a better grip before you throw it is OK. Using substances to make the ball move in funny ways after you throw it is not OK. I have no clue how you tell the difference.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 03:44 PM)
I read about this last week, you mix the Bullfrog with rosin to get a sticky substance for a better grip. MLB doesn't care about that for some reason.

Helps 38 year old Japanese guys throw splitters better.

Did anybody else hear Joe Buck call Ortiz the best DH of all time last night? I was at work and I may have heard it wrong. Can this be true? I know Frank had at lot of ABs as a 1B but I think Ortiz did too. I can't figure out how to isolate players' at bats by position on Baseball Reference.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 04:51 PM)
Did anybody else hear Joe Buck call Ortiz the best DH of all time last night? I was at work and I may have heard it wrong. Can this be true? I know Frank had at lot of ABs as a 1B but I think Ortiz did too. I can't figure out how to isolate players' at bats by position on Baseball Reference.

Career splits has it. If the finalists are Frank and Ortiz, as a Dh, Buck isn't lying.