Rosenthal: Tanaka to Yankees

bear_brian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 01:32 PM)
Balta, I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but there is literally no way the Yankees can add Tanaka without going into the luxury tax short of selling off players.

$36 million in 2014 is being subtracted due to A-Rod, that has to be a big part of the reason.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 01:44 PM)
$36 million in 2014 is being subtracted due to A-Rod, that has to be a big part of the reason.

I could have sworn I read that after signing all their arb players they were still just under the luxery tax. Maybe I read wrong, but I assumed that it included A-Roid's suspension/salary removed.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 01:49 PM)
I could have sworn I read that after signing all their arb players they were still just under the luxery tax. Maybe I read wrong, but I assumed that it included A-Roid's suspension/salary removed.

Yup, I posted an article in this thread a few days ago, but here is a breakdown of where they stand right now:

http://nypost.com/2013/11/05/yankees-payro...n-road-to-189m/

So they are are at $171M not including the $11M they'll be charged for insurance and pensions and salaries for their pre-arb players and future minor league callups. In other words, they're probably $5M or so below the $189M threshold. Not nearly enough room to add Tanaka and remove their multi-time offender status.

Clearly they're still pursuing Tanaka, but I don't think the Yankees will be blowing anyone out of the water, not if they want to get below the threshold anytime in the near future. And remember, A-Rod's full salary is back in play for luxury tax purposes next year. Adding Tanaka at a ridiculous salary will have long-term consequences for the Yankees.

QUOTE (Whitey @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 01:31 PM)
If Tanaka doesn’t sign with the Sox, would anyone here support a move like signing Ubaldo Jimenez? That type of signing would still make the staff rock solid. Plus Jimenez would be for less $/years.

Sale

Jimenez

Quintana

Danks

Johnson/Paulino/Rienzo

NO!

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 02:29 PM)
I cannot stand this guy. Can he at least pretend to be somewhat objective?

My dad was just telling me he's going to be speaking at the Hit n' Run benefit next week. I told him to have fun listening to his garbage.

he doesn't know anything he just going with everybody what else is saying

Edited by timbo

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 02:29 PM)
I cannot stand this guy. Can he at least pretend to be somewhat objective?

My dad was just telling me he's going to be speaking at the Hit n' Run benefit next week. I told him to have fun listening to his garbage.

He's pretty terrible....watching CSN Chicago the live sports talk.....always gets so defensive when the other guests start talking about the Cubs terrible offseason

QUOTE (Baron @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 02:31 PM)
He's pretty terrible....watching CSN Chicago the live sports talk.....always gets so defensive when the other guests start talking about the Cubs terrible offseason

He is 100% Cub Boy do not care for him at all.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 09:28 PM)
I'm not sure why he would want to go to LA or NY.. The media is nuts there and he will have a lot of pressure on him I think.. I feel like us and DBacks would be the best options for him.

People from outside US know two cities: NY and LA. AMD LA sports media isn't really that difficult.

All of this talk is a waste of time. I'm telling you guys... My Little Pony!!!

The best film and series OF ALL TIME!!!

That is what we should be discussing!!

"The show follows a studious unicorn pony named Twilight Sparkle as her mentor Princess Celestia guides her to learn about friendship in the town of Ponyville."

It's BRILLIANT!!!!

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 03:00 PM)
All of this talk is a waste of time. I'm telling you guys... My Little Pony!!!

The best film and series OF ALL TIME!!!

That is what we should be discussing!!

"The show follows a studious unicorn pony named Twilight Sparkle as her mentor Princess Celestia guides her to learn about friendship in the town of Ponyville."

It's BRILLIANT!!!!

It doesn't surprise me that you are a Brony

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
It doesn't surprise me that you are a Brony

Just because they featured me in a netflix documentary wearing a sparkling pink glitter pony jammy set doesn't mean I'm the homosexual. It's just honestly the best topic ever explored - showing the world a greater path to unification and friendship.

This board should really consider ditching all interest in the white sox and becoming a my little pony gathering spot of magic.

Anyone want to cuddle?

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 04:07 PM)
Just because they featured me in a netflix documentary wearing a sparkling pink glitter pony jammy set doesn't mean I'm the homosexual. It's just honestly the best table ever explored - showing the world a greater path to unification and friendship.

This board should really consider ditching all interest in the white sox and becoming a my little pony gathering spot of magic.

Anyone want to cuddle?

Yes.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)
Just because they featured me in a netflix documentary wearing a sparkling pink glitter pony jammy set doesn't mean I'm the homosexual. It's just honestly the best table ever explored - showing the world a greater path to unification and friendship.

Anyone want to cuddle?

hmu doe

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)

Anyone want to cuddle?

I never called you a homosexual

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 01:11 PM)
I never called you a homosexual

To be politically correct, it is not "a homosexual" it is "the homosexual".

Bronies always get pegged as the homosexuals. It is not fair and should not be tolerated in the sparkle kingdom of pink magic.