2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 17, 2014 -> 04:22 PM)
Bingo. Why Wii U didn't launch with a mario game and a zelda game is a mystery.

It kinda did, it was half assed though. Nintendoland has a little bit of all of thier popular titles. But they should have had a solo mario or zelda(or both) at launch, no doubt.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could simply launch any of these Mario games that came out the past 5 or whatever years for Wii with slightly better graphics on other consoles, and I'd drop $60 for each and every one. I'd pay $100 for Super Mario Bros Wii on PS4.

You know why? Because that gaming style is timeless and completely ignored nowadays save for Rayman (and yeah, I'll be getting that).

They could EASILY launch a Super Mario Bros. game for iOS and Android for $10 a pop and it'd outsell the world.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 17, 2014 -> 04:28 PM)
They could simply launch any of these Mario games that came out the past 5 or whatever years for Wii with slightly better graphics on other consoles, and I'd drop $60 for each and every one. I'd pay $100 for Super Mario Bros Wii on PS4.

You know why? Because that gaming style is timeless and completely ignored nowadays save for Rayman (and yeah, I'll be getting that).

They could EASILY launch a Super Mario Bros. game for iOS and Android for $10 a pop and it'd outsell the world.

Until a new regime comes into Nintendo and Iwata/Miyamoto are long gone, we both know that will never happen.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 17, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)
Until a new regime comes into Nintendo and Iwata/Miyamoto are long gone, we both know that will never happen.

So they'll keep releasing gimmicky systems with last-gen graphics that do 1/100th of what the real systems do. Genius.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 17, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
So they'll keep releasing gimmicky systems with last-gen graphics that do 1/100th of what the real systems do. Genius.

Yea, but they look at how successful the Wii was and say "See? it worked".

I totally agree with you, I wish they would put a strong foot forward and catch up with PS and XB in power, system innovation and home networking, but they just sit back and dont.

At the same time, I gotta play those DAMN GAMES BECAUSE THEY ARE FUN

Personally I loved the U's game pad and Wiis motion controllers.

Their problem is with online which is for some reason years behind the other consoles and their failure to make the console a center of the room hub. Also branding. No one knows what the Wii U is. I predict we see a total re branding incoming.

They still are far and away the most talented developers in the world. It was a weird choice not to push the system with their two biggest bankable titles Mario Kart and Smash Bros not out in the first 1.5 years.

I'm still waiting for a Star Fox game.

Also, AC4/Watch Dog spoilers:

If you continue hacking after John gets shot, then you learn that Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed not only take place in the same universe, but Abstergo has a hand in developing the ctOS system that is present in Watch Dogs.

And remember, Olivier was headed to Chicago and never returned.

Watch Dogs could essentially be AC5. f***ing genius.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 17, 2014 -> 04:47 PM)
I'm still waiting for a Star Fox game.

Also, AC4/Watch Dog spoilers:

If you continue hacking after John gets shot, then you learn that Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed not only take place in the same universe, but Abstergo has a hand in developing the ctOS system that is present in Watch Dogs.

And remember, Olivier was headed to Chicago and never returned.

Watch Dogs could essentially be AC5. f***ing genius.

I don't understand what you mean by "If you continue hacking"...?

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
/slowpoke

I finished Borderlands 1. What a disappointing, anti-climatic ending. Started Borderlands 2 up right away.

/slowpoke

I found BL2 FAR more entertaining than BL1, which became a slow grind at many points. Too bad you're playing in the post-Bee-nerf era!

Never played BL1, but played WAY too much Borderlands 2. I finally got burned out since you keep replaying the same story if you want to keep leveling though. They also have an insane amount of DLC that I eventually stopped buying.

They might have nerfed the Bee, but it's still fun wrecking stuff with an Unkempt Harold.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 09:31 AM)
I found BL2 FAR more entertaining than BL1, which became a slow grind at many points. Too bad you're playing in the post-Bee-nerf era!

That was how it was for me for a while too. It got fun again once I started doing Old Haven, Trash Coast, and the Salt Flats.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 03:03 PM)
Playing Bioshock: Infinite free off PS+ right now. It's definitely not my type of game, but the environment is so beautiful. That being said, I really have no idea what I am doing or why I am doing it, but I guess I'll just continue to power through since everyone says the ending is so good.

You could just youtube the ending, the gameplay isn't all that good.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 12:23 AM)
Well now that my Florida vacation plan has been squashed, I am now going to put that $300 I had set aside to buy a PS4. Now I'm just waiting on to see if The Show will have a PS4 bundle or not.

Oh man that would be great. Plan on getting the PS4 when The Show comes out.. Selling the PS3 and games somewhere, have to find the place that will take the most

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 12:45 AM)
Oh man that would be great. Plan on getting the PS4 when The Show comes out.. Selling the PS3 and games somewhere, have to find the place that will take the most

I wasn't really that excited about The Show, until they just revealed a couple days ago that they will have Online Franchise this year, as well as generated pitch counts to speed up games. In testing, they have found most games only take about 30 minutes, and they've had plenty of 15-20 minute games. Couple that with their Continued Save Games feature, and I will actually be able to play 5-10 years of franchise. Hoping I can start that off as an Online Franchise with a buddy, and then once he inevitably stops playing, I'll take it over as my regular franchise.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 08:58 AM)
I know people that played Tomb Raider on last gen systems and really liked it.

I was thinking about picking it up to hold me over until Titanfall comes out.

You mean until the OMFG that game looks great Infamous Second Son comes out!

Oh, and The Show, of course.