2014-2015 NFL Football thread

Bears 6 of first 9 games are on the road......................weird........... Home.......Road................Road pattern

Play Thanksgiving Day and 5 Primetime night games.

Edited by Soxfest

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are, NFL making it all divisional games that day.

Eagles at Cowboys

Seahawks at Niners

Wait, how will this work with TV? If the Lions and Cowboys both host NFC teams, those would both be FOX games.

EDIT: espn.com is showing the Bears-Lions game as a CBS game. I guess the networks cut some sort of deal.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 07:04 AM)
Wait, how will this work with TV? If the Lions and Cowboys both host NFC teams, those would both be FOX games.

EDIT: espn.com is showing the Bears-Lions game as a CBS game. I guess the networks cut some sort of deal.

Yeah it's part of the new agreement. Adam Hoge has a decent writeup about it on 670thescore.com.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 08:40 AM)
I was hoping they would have some different teams play on Thanksgiving. I like the 49ers vs Seahawks, but I'm sick of watching the Lions and Cowboys.

BUT TRADITION!!!!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 12:52 AM)
5 of the 8 Bears home games are Nov 16 or later and there are two December night games, that sucks.

Looks like I'll be selling most of my tickets this year. I'm too old for those games.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 09:25 AM)
Looks like I'll be selling most of my tickets this year. I'm too old for those games.

well, this year the brutal winter didnt really start until after december was over, so maybe you can drag your old bones out for a few ;)

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)
I booked at hotel room in Green Bay for the Packers game vs Jets. Hotel room is normally 65 a night. For that weekend it is 200.00.

God I hate the Jets. I hope the Pack just beat the s*** out of them.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 03:33 PM)
What's wrong with it?

Back to back thursdays, backloading all home games in the last half with 2 december night games. I feel like the NFL tries to think of how much pain they can put on fans before they will stop watching, knowing they won't stop. It's like a drug dealer adding laundry detergent to the dope.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 11:36 AM)
Back to back thursdays, backloading all home games in the last half with 2 december night games. I feel like the NFL tries to think of how much pain they can put on fans before they will stop watching, knowing they won't stop. It's like a drug dealer adding laundry detergent to the dope.

I think the schedule is fine. The NFL knows what type of draw the Bears are and they expect the team to be good. 5 primetime games, Thanksgiving, and the opening of a new stadium says as much. 9 of the 16 are still Sundays at Noon.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 06:13 PM)
I've got October 12 circled on my calendar. Bears coming to Atlanta.

I've circled that game as well. Going to likely come out with a couple buddies (one of my best buddies is in Fatlanta).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 06:58 PM)
I've circled that game as well. Going to likely come out with a couple buddies (one of my best buddies is in Fatlanta).

Nice. Keep me posted. Since you have a buddy who lives here, and you'd be going with a group, I'm sure you'd want to do your own thing... but feel free to hit me up if you want to tailgait together or anything.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 04:22 PM)
@RapSheet

With his new deal, Earl Thomas is the game’s first $10M per year safety & highest-paid DB on a multi-year deal. Contract up when he’s 29.

Jairus Byrd was only the highest paid safety in the league for a month and a half. Suck it.