2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (scs787 @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 03:39 PM)
With the new coaches they hired you'd have to think they run at least some sort of hybrid if not a full on 3-4.

In an absolutely ideal, yet sensible, world the Bears sign Michael Bennett, Terrance Cody, resign Ratliff, and draft Kony Ealy.

In a hybrid that sets up as...

4-3 formations

DL-Bennett-Ratliff-Cody-Ealy

LB--Briggs-Bostic-SMC (I know Shea isn't ideal but Emery has already talked about him there so give it a shot)

3-4

DL-- Bennett-Cody-Ratliff

LB-Smc-Briggs-Bostic-Ealy (in this ideal world Briggs agrees to play inside)

Seattle is supposed to sign Bennett.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet the Seahawks let go of Chris Clemons and Red Bryant. Maybe not both, but at least one of them to keep Bennett. Both players are going to make 7.5 million next year and Seattle is going to be over the cap.

I love Bryant as a run stuffing NT. Packers would be wise to go after him.

QUOTE (Jake @ Feb 4, 2014 -> 10:52 AM)
I'd probably not let on to my terrorizer that he was getting to me if I could help it. With that said, who knows what's going on. I'm curious what the NFL investigation will turn up.

Also, another subject, Ratliff at 3-4 NT - be aware that Dallas played a one-gap 3-4, which is a bit outside of the norm. There's no way to be sure whether Ratliff could be a two-gap NT

This is a good point that people seem to forget. He's definitely not built to be a traditional 3-4 two-gap NT. I don't see how he could succeed in that role. You need the big body types.

Regardless, I still don't see the Bears running too much 3-4. Might get some glimpses of it, but if I had to put money on it, I'd say the base defense will still be a 4-3.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 01:47 PM)
Thursday games to CBS

Maybe now we won't see so many crappy games on Thursday, nothing against the bengals but they're boring as hell to watch and everytime i tuned into a thursday night game they were either in it or advertised for next thursdays match up.wth?

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 07:49 PM)
Maybe now we won't see so many crappy games on Thursday, nothing against the bengals but they're boring as hell to watch and everytime i tuned into a thursday night game they were either in it or advertised for next thursdays match up.wth?

I don't think it'll do much to improve the matchups since every team has to play in prime time at least 1 time.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 01:49 PM)

Until the teams get a bye week before the Thursday night game, it's gonna be a crappy game every time. And they won't force a team to have more than one Thursday night game, so s***ty teams have to be included too.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 01:52 PM)
I don't think it'll do much to improve the matchups since every team has to play in prime time at least 1 time.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 01:52 PM)
Until the teams get a bye week before the Thursday night game, it's gonna be a crappy game every time. And they won't force a team to have more than one Thursday night game, so s***ty teams have to be included too.

This is true, but I guess I'm kinda hoping CBS puts it's hands under the table to try and steal say a couple Monday Night Games, that way we have a more balanced lineup as opposed to completely tuning out thursday night fooball by week 6 which is what i did.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Feb 6, 2014 -> 02:49 PM)

Well that's not true since Denver was the only team on more than once on Thursday night.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 7, 2014 -> 07:12 AM)
Well that's not true since Denver was the only team on more than once on Thursday night.

Wasn't that the Chargers who had more than 1 Thursday night game? not to mention I'm usually not too hyped about the Bills vs Browns.

Edited by TheTruth05

Wasn't that the Chargers who had more than 1 Thursday night game? not to mention I'm usually not too hyped about the Bills vs Browns.

If you just include the 13 NFLN Thursday night games, no team appeared more than once. If you add in the two NBC Thursday night games, DEN and BAL each appeared twice.

SD did end up on NFLN twice, but one of those was a Sunday afternoon game that got pushed back to Sunday night and moved from CBS to NFLN because of baseball playoffs in Oakland.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 7, 2014 -> 08:21 AM)
If you just include the 13 NFLN Thursday night games, no team appeared more than once. If you add in the two NBC Thursday night games, DEN and BAL each appeared twice.

SD did end up on NFLN twice, but one of those was a Sunday afternoon game that got pushed back to Sunday night and moved from CBS to NFLN because of baseball playoffs in Oakland.

I see what you're saying, forgot about that delayed game.

Well I guess we'll see how the schedules play out this coming year.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 9, 2014 -> 07:27 PM)
Just came out as gay.

I was hoping to interview him for class on athletes getting paid...I think I have a different lead now.

Or just stick w/ athletes getting paid story and interview him on that. Treat him like any other athlete.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 9, 2014 -> 07:34 PM)
Or just stick w/ athletes getting paid story and interview him on that. Treat him like any other athlete.

Well, first I have to get the interview and Sam rarely does interviews, this may be something he'd like to do. Depends entirely on what my professor wants.