2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 03:31 PM)
In conclusion, it's Conte's fault.

Oh yea. When they showed the all-22 replay you see Conte close to the line, and he backs up just a bit when the coverage changed he gets confused and gets stuck between the linebackers. Vereen was on an island from the moment Rodgers looked at the defense

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
He said he is keeping Tucker because he sees him every day work with the players and he knows he is doing a good job. Those words really were spoken

@ZachZaidman: Trestman on why he's sticking with Mel Tucker: "I feel very confident that he's doing the things he can do to help us move forward."

This press conference is more embarrassing than last night

For him to say that is just absurd.

I'd just like to bring to light fake Jon Gruden on twitter. For those on twitter he is a must follow....

Jon Gruden @Faux_Gruden · 20h 20 hours ago

Man, if darts were played with footballs instead of darts, Aaron Rodgers would be the best darts player of all time. That guy's accurate man

Jon Gruden @Faux_Gruden · 21h 21 hours ago

Man, give Randall Cobb some butter because he is on a roll. Or because his name is like corn on the cob. Either way man, this guy's good

Jon Gruden @Faux_Gruden · 21h 21 hours ago

The Bears have no answer for Paper Clip 2 X Lamb Chop man. The Packers could run play all night long if they wanted

Jon Gruden @Faux_Gruden · 22h 22 hours ago

I like to call Jordy Nelson "The Circle." Because once he runs his route, there's no corners around him man. Circles don't have any corners

Jon Gruden @Faux_Gruden · 22h 22 hours ago

I love the Bears man. Mostly because I really like actual bears. Polar bears are probably my favorite. I'd have one as a pet if I could man

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 07:54 AM)
The lowlifes that went after Trestmans daughters on Twitter should be forced to move out of their parents basements

http://t.co/FO1WPu9K5S

Pretty strange how people like that are embarrassed by how a football team performs. It would seem from their tweets, being embarrassed about anything would be impossible.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 07:59 AM)
Those two guys who had their little circle jerk...jeez.

Their accounts have been suspended it seems, but with people like that I am all for public shaming in hopes that a boss or employer sees it and fires them immediately. If you are making comments like that, then you don't deserve anything good in life.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 07:59 AM)
Those two guys who had their little circle jerk...jeez.

Yea, they thought they were hilarious. Those girls need to be smarter though and make those profiles private. You have to know that assholes are out there waiting for this

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 08:40 AM)
You really need to rethink your life when a sporting event makes you so mad that you threaten people online.

Some years ago I was having a discussion with a writer from the Baltimore Sun when he dared to write an article comparing Peyton Manning and Johnny Unitas. He got a lot of cruel feedback and even more when to Colts beat the Ravens in the 2006 postseason.

The NFL has grown into this massive religion. You hear about a lot of violence among fans. When you think about it the NFL can take up 9 hours of your life on a Sunday. Not having cable and living in a warmer climate I don't miss the NFL that much. Much of the media has ruined it for me. I'm tired of ex players running the media who are self centered or not having a clue how the modern NFL is run. I want the journalists back. I sure don't miss ESPN either.

My buddy and I were talking about the Bears today, and for whatever reason it dawned on me how truly average this franchise is when you really think about it. Their tradition is akin to Yale or Harvard in football - nearly all the success we hear about constantly is from pre-WW2.

By the decades since:

50's: 2 playoff appearances, including one Championship game loss.

60's: 1 playoff appearance, one Championship.

70's: 2 playoff appearances, 2 quick losses

80's: the best stretch in the modern era. 5 playoff appearances, 2 early exits, 2 conf championship losses and one SB.

90's: 3 playoff appearances, one early exit, two first round wins

00's: 3 playoff appearances, 2 early losses, one SB appearance and loss

10's: 1 playoff appearance, 1 conference champ loss.

So that's 2 "championships" and 4 total appearances in the title game. And 3 conference championship appearances. 7 really good seasons in 54 years. Even including the pre-ww2 era, their total win % is .573.

Not great, not terrible, but maybe slightly above average at best.

edit: i'll say 54, since this is a wasted season now.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

I still haven't heard/can't come up with a great explanation for why the offense has regressed so drastically since last season. McCown's run certainly propped up the season numbers to an extent, but that was only ~6 games. Cutler played much better than he has this year. The main change is that Cutler got a contract - do you think that explains it?

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 02:25 PM)
I still haven't heard/can't come up with a great explanation for why the offense has regressed so drastically since last season. McCown's run certainly propped up the season numbers to an extent, but that was only ~6 games. Cutler played much better than he has this year. The main change is that Cutler got a contract - do you think that explains it?

I think the league figured some things out.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 12:28 PM)
I think the league figured some things out.

I think it has a lot more to do with the league figuring Trestman and this offense out. It is entirely too simple and too predictable and opposing defenses know exactly what is coming. I think a lot of our offensive problems are scheme. I also think Jay is just not cut out to be an elite QB but this scheme doesn't exactly do him favors. It essentially plays up his weaknesses and when you watch our offense more and more you see that the vast majority of the plays are set from the start (on where ball is going, etc). That doesn't play well into the strength of a QB who can buy time and make big plays with his feet and arm. Right now we really don't allow our offense to break down opposition defenses. We also really miss having a receiver who has speed who can create seperation and stretch the seams.

Jay and his fumbles are to be frank, probably his biggest problem. His picks really haven't been that bad, especially when you adjust for some of those throws where the wideouts were awful. This stuff is a total team collapse though but the biggest reason I want Trestman out (in addition to his inability to be an overall leader of this team) is the fact that we seem to be getting pantsed on our offensive scheme and everyone appears to know what is coming, etc. That is an awful sign when you are supposed to be an offensive guru.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 02:25 PM)

I heard they are playing against a lot more zone and can't figure it out.