Teams have interest in Viciedo/De Aza

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 10:53 AM)
I was told by bucket to stop listening to Bruce Levine, but apparently he told Mac and Spiegs that the Mariners are interested in Dayan Viciedo. What would it take guys?

That scoop is only about 3 months late. Bucket mentioned that on here during the Winter Meetings. Unless they're suddenly willing to give Nick Franklin, it's not going to happen.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 12:59 PM)
https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/status/441285743592239104

I believe the Mariners would be interested in Viciedo. He's had some good games out there.

It really is just a matter of time before one of them is moved. Hopefully De Aza as I think he has reached his ceiling and is probably as close to max value as possible. I think if the Sox move Viciedo they will regret it for the next decade unless the return is something spectacular.

I was told by bucket to stop listening to Bruce Levine, but apparently he told Mac and Spiegs that the Mariners are interested in Dayan Viciedo. What would it take guys?

First of all, it would take Bruce Levine being right, which is a longshot.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 05:48 PM)
But Heyman was reporting the same, unless he was just copying Levine...

Heyman has a lot more credibility than Levine. I think if Heyman is stating it, it's probably legit and he heard it from someone more reliable than Levine.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 07:11 AM)
Heyman has a lot more credibility than Levine. I think if Heyman is stating it, it's probably legit and he heard it from someone more reliable than Levine.

FWIW, Heyman was at Sox camp yesterday

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 09:44 AM)
Like others have implied, hope its De Aza that gets traded. I would need a pretty good haul for Viciedo or use him as something bigger.

Trading De Aza for peanuts makes zero sense as well. I don't think he will get thrown out on the bases 11 times and picked off 6 times again, and defensively, he has to be better than he was, because he has been. I have never seen an OF have a tougher time picking up a base hit cleanly at any level including Little League than De Aza last season. Offensively, he's a pretty good player. Dumping him for next to nothing is beyond selling low. When he has his head together, he is a good player.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 09:58 AM)
Trading De Aza for peanuts makes zero sense as well. I don't think he will get thrown out on the bases 11 times and picked off 6 times again, and defensively, he has to be better than he was, because he has been. I have never seen an OF have a tougher time picking up a base hit cleanly at any level including Little League than De Aza last season. Offensively, he's a pretty good player. Dumping him for next to nothing is beyond selling low. When he has his head together, he is a good player.

Sure, because he won't be playing nearly as much.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 8, 2014 -> 02:26 PM)
Levine, Bernie Pleskoff, and Jon Heyman have all mentioned Mariners interest in Viciedo now. Levine said this morning that Zduriencik was in camp watching Viciedo. What would the Sox even be interested in from them?

Zunino but I think he's locked in to start behind the plate for the M's

The Twins have some interest in White Sox outfielder Alejandro De Aza, who is getting interest even though he's not everything a club would want in a center fielder, leadoff type. Last season, De Aza slashed .264/.323/.405 with 17 homers in 675 plate appearances.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/03/cafa..._medium=twitter

Edited by Y2JImmy0

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 10:17 AM)
The Twins have some interest in White Sox outfielder Alejandro De Aza, who is getting interest even though he's not everything a club would want in a center fielder, leadoff type. Last season, De Aza slashed .264/.323/.405 with 17 homers in 675 plate appearances.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/03/cafa..._medium=twitter

Give me Buxton ;)

This is a tough one because Viciedo with a good year would suddenly have some real serious trade value. The organizational-health move is to give him another shot at this thing.

Meanwhile De Aza is more of an all-around player. I think the mental mistakes are something that can be focused on...we saw Rios improve in that department. If we want to pile some wins early this coming year and take our best shot at this thing, then ADA is playing more than Viciedo

If we want to try and take a shot at the Grand Prize, and take a chance in hopes of getting something substantial for our troubles..then Viciedo plays.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 10:39 AM)
This is a tough one because Viciedo with a good year would suddenly have some real serious trade value. The organizational-health move is to give him another shot at this thing.

Meanwhile De Aza is more of an all-around player. I think the mental mistakes are something that can be focused on...we saw Rios improve in that department. If we want to pile some wins early this coming year and take our best shot at this thing, then ADA is playing more than Viciedo

If we want to try and take a shot at the Grand Prize, and take a chance in hopes of getting something substantial for our troubles..then Viciedo plays.

Viciedo definitely plays. It's not even close in my mind. I like De Aza, but he just does not fit on this team anymore.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 11:43 AM)
Viciedo definitely plays. It's not even close in my mind. I like De Aza, but he just does not fit on this team anymore.

I'd have to disagree that De Aza doesn't fit IF the Sox think the power he displayed last year is legit. If Davidson breaks camp as the everyday 3B then De Aza would be nice to have hitting in the 6-7 spot to break up all the RHH.

I loves me some Tank but I wouldn't be mad if he's the one that gets traded. We'd all like for him to be a middle of the order hitter, but with Garcia, Abreu, and potentially Davidson the need for a middle of the order RHH hitter isn't that big.