NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 08:02 AM)
I only ever went when I was a student, and they had a special program for that. It worked like this:

--You (and your group usually) applied for the ticket lottery

--If you "won" (most years, most got in, but not all), each person in the group got a punch card with boxes for each game

--You got every Big 8 (became Big 12 at end) home game, a few key OOC games (always in-state rivals), and a random selection of like 2 other games.

--The games were split into four groups - for two of them you'd be UD student section, one LD student section, one behind the baskets courtside. So you'd get like 3-4 games in each grouping

--The whole punch card cost about $100

Is there still a student ticket thing like that now?

They just straight up sell them now, though they do oversell. The Kansas game has a seperate ticket pickup which is first come first serve.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 11:42 AM)
Those guys combined for 12 minutes per game last year. They were freshman then and are sophomores now. I think, at the very least, Morgan has improved from last year.

Egwu played less than 25 minutes 4 times last year @ penn st (a win), @unlv (a win), at home against valpo (a win), and against msu (a loss). I'm not worried about the foul trouble at all.

I'm more worried about Egwu sucking. Because oh my god was he unimaginably awful a lot of the time last year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 12:11 PM)
Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis Salukis

SEMO!! The season starts tonight! Road to the NCAA Tournament

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 14, 2014 -> 03:46 PM)
I"m pretty excited for Mizzou this year. There are no real expectations since they are so young, so I get to just sit back and relax. But, obviously, would like to see progression as the year goes on.

Well then.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 15, 2014 -> 04:15 AM)
Well then.

yea yea, not as fun as I thought.

The offense is not fun to watch. They have no idea how to play against zones.

But seriously, this is a team of freshman and sophomores, and no real big men.

The scary thing is in years like these, they can become self fulfilling prophecies. We need big men, but we might not get em if we have a disaster campaign in KAs first year.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 01:55 PM)
For the SIU fans, Ibby is out 4-6 weeks and Caroline though he played some pretty solid minutes on Friday was limping the whole time. Looks like we'll be playing a lot of small lineups until conference play starts.

Besides being injured, how's Ibby looking this year?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 01:57 PM)
Besides being injured, how's Ibby looking this year?

I was pleasantly surprised on Saturday. Actually had a couple decent offensive moves and held his own defensively. Obviously nothing special but he looks like he could at least be a decent contributor off the bench for us.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 17, 2014 -> 02:00 PM)
I was pleasantly surprised on Saturday. Actually had a couple decent offensive moves and held his own defensively. Obviously nothing special but he looks like he could at least be a decent contributor off the bench for us.

Good to hear, hopefully he becomes a solid player for you guys.