Micah Johnson

Jose Abreu

Micah Johnson  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Will we see him in the Majors this year?

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 13, 2014 -> 10:14 PM)
The thread.

I have to think the Sox are going to trade one or two infielders at some point, and then he comes up. So yeah.

I'd rather not to be honest. Last time that happened we chose BA.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 13, 2014 -> 06:40 PM)
For minor league pitching or outfield prospects?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 14, 2014 -> 10:55 AM)
Probably for next to nothing. Crap prospects/cash considerations.

Are we talking Beckham? Then yeah. Ramirez? Then a lot more than that. Gillaspie? More than Beckham, a lot less than Ramirez. All depends on who gets traded.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 14, 2014 -> 05:43 PM)
Also possible that after letting him get acclimated and if he's hitting good a move to OF is a very real possibilty.

IMO, if I were going to do this, I'd have already started it in BHam. The fact that he hasn't played an inning at any position other than 2b his entire journey through the minors is telling.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 14, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)
IMO, if I were going to do this, I'd have already started it in BHam. The fact that he hasn't played an inning at any position other than 2b his entire journey through the minors is telling.

You could be right . We'll have to wait and see . I think it's more telling that it's way cheaper to fill your holes from within the organization. With his speed and the crowded infield it's a solution worth considering but only once his development is to the point where his bat will play in the majors . The more time that passes some of these problems will resolve themselves.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 14, 2014 -> 10:07 PM)
You could be right . We'll have to wait and see . I think it's more telling that it's way cheaper to fill your holes from within the organization. With his speed and the crowded infield it's a solution worth considering but only once his development is to the point where his bat will play in the majors . The more time that passes some of these problems will resolve themselves.

IMO you do the opposite. If you're going to move a guy, start moving him early so that he has time to learn the position.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 14, 2014 -> 09:08 PM)
IMO you do the opposite. If you're going to move a guy, start moving him early so that he has time to learn the position.

He's still learning 2B and there's nobody really blocking him there, at least not yet. You're lowering the player's value by moving him to OF

Learning to play the OF isn't all that complicated. Let him play 2B. If they need him in the OF he could pick it up pretty quickly. If he were an OF you were thinking of moving to the infield, that would be a different story, but even then, the Indians make Carlos Santana a 3B this past offseason...it's not like you are learning how to operate on brains.