Information on Sale's start tmrw in Charlotte

caulfield12

Adam Eaton is also expected to play Thursday/Friday and maybe Saturday before rejoining the Sox Sunday against the Astros.

The White Sox will update everyone on their next move with Sale after his start. Probably one more rehab start, and then back to the active roster on the 25th. His 2nd start on 4 days' rest would be the 20th, next Tuesday.

(Uptown Charlotte, NC) - White Sox LHP Chris Sale, who is 3-0 with a 2.30 ERA in four starts this season for Chicago, is scheduled to make a Major League rehab start for the Charlotte Knights on Thursday, May 15 in Durham, NC. The Knights play the Durham Bulls from Durham Bulls Athletic Park on Thursday with first pitch set for 7:05 p.m.

Knights fans interested in following along with the game can tune to ESPN Radio 730 AM and WRHI (1340 AM and 94.3 FM) beginning at 6:50 p.m. for the pre-game show. Fans can also listen to the game online at www.charlotteknights.com as the "Voice of the Charlotte Knights" Matt Swierad will have the call for all of the action.

Sale, 25, was placed on the 15-day disabled list by the White Sox back on April 22 (retroactive to April 18) with a flexor muscle strain in his left arm. Thursday's start will be his first rehab appearance of the season as he works his way back to Chicago where he's won 35 games since 2010. In 143 career Major League games, Sale owns a 35-25 record with a 2.93 ERA (63 games started).

In 2012, the Florida native compiled a 17-8 record with a 3.05 ERA in 30 games (29 starts). He earned American League Pitcher of the Month honors in May of 2012 after going 4-1 with a 1.71 ERA in six games (five starts).

Last season, Sale went 11-14 with a 3.07 ERA in 30 games - all starts for the White Sox. He led the AL in complete games with four and finished sixth in the AL Cy Young Award voting.

Originally drafted by the White Sox in the first round of the 2010 draft (13th overall), Sale appeared in seven games for the Knights in 2010 as he made his way through the organization. In 6.1 innings pitched out of the Charlotte bullpen, Sale posted a 0-0 mark with a 2.84 ERA. He struck-out 15 batters over that span. He made his Major League debut on August 6, 2010 at the age of 21 and posted a 2-1 mark with a 1.93 ERA.

from charlotteknights.com

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 15, 2014 -> 02:44 PM)
You live in charleston? I can't wait to see Rondon in June here

Yes. Daniel Island.

I'll have to cross check the schedules and see when/if I want to go check out the Sox guys....

I was trying to talk a braves-fan-coworker into driving to WS to see the Dildo-shaped-mascots play the Braves A+ team - no dice :(

Edited by Charlie Haeger's Knuckles

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 15, 2014 -> 02:44 PM)
You live in charleston? I can't wait to see Rondon in June here

June 19-22 Kannapolis will be here. With my luck it will be little league night and the park will be full of little kids and soccer moms (wait, thats a good thing if a high percentage are milfy, right??)

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ May 15, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)
Yes. Daniel Island.

I'll have to cross check the schedules and see when/if I want to go check out the Sox guys....

I was trying to talk a braves-fan-coworker into driving to WS to see the Dildo-shaped-mascots play the Braves A+ team - no dice :(

It's in June. I live off Clements ferry road in mt pleasant

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ May 15, 2014 -> 03:19 PM)
June 19-22 Kannapolis will be here. With my luck it will be little league night and the park will be full of little kids and soccer moms (wait, thats a good thing if a high percentage are milfy, right??)

I went a few years ago to see...chuckle...Fautino De Los Santos.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ May 16, 2014 -> 10:48 AM)
Ha, that's only a few miles away form me... Assuming you are in Dunes West? Clements Ferry is Wando, right?

No. I live in the peninsula. We should meet up sometime to watch a sox game. Tailgators bar is just down the street. Not sure if they have MLB package. I have it