Sox Draft Carlos Rodon> Draft Day Discussion Thread

NorthSideSox72

averaging those projections out to 101... thats a net loss of 24 !!! OMG Sox WTF are you doing! GTFO!

Clearly they think they are going to need to sign their #3 draft pick underslot to be able to pay for the first two.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 12:21 PM)
Clearly they think they are going to need to sign their #3 draft pick underslot to be able to pay for the first two.

Completely understandable, although I would loved the guy from SDSU that the Twins took. That bullpen might be good quite quickly.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 11:21 AM)

Could they just skip the 3rd round and use that $$ elsewhere??? :P

Looks like a nice pick regardless.

Imagine the Sox with a rotation in 2016 of all lefties.

Scott Merkin @scottmerkin · 5m

Rodon on his interactions with CWS this past year: "Most interactions are on TV and watching Jose Abreu hit some bombs. That’s about it."

Scott Merkin @scottmerkin · 7m

More Rodon: "I got picked by a great club, a lot of history. I'm looking forward to it."

Scott Merkin @scottmerkin · 7m

Rodon on disappointment of not being No. 1: "I wouldn’t say disappointment. I would say motivation."

Sox do need lefties in the system, even if relievers. I like it.

This is the plan: Sox are stockpiling every single left-handed pitcher. Then, all the good left-handed hitters will flock to them so that they'll never have to face all those pitchers. Profit.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 12:29 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 1m

Carlos Rodon's knowledge of current #WhiteSox roster was impressive -- mentioned Abreu, Eaton, Sale, Quintana, Flowers.

Probably because his girlfriend is a big baseball fan, and her favorite team appears to be the White Sox. I'm sure he's watched some games with her.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 12:30 PM)
Probably because his girlfriend is a big baseball fan, and her favorite team appears to be the White Sox. I'm sure he's watched some games with her.

Is it possible she just retweeted a bunch of Sox tweets last night, and they retroactively got inserted into her timeline?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 12:30 PM)
Dude threw a no hitter against Northern Illinois...Not sure if NIU is any good though.

They are bad lol. My freshmen year, only 4 years ago, I was at Aurora University (DIII school) beat NIU in 11 innings lol