White Sox vs Tigers

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:57 PM)
De Aza graded positively as a baserunner in every year with the Sox. He's basically a break-even base stealer, and with his above-average speed, the number of times he goes from first to third etc. has outweighed the number of times he gets picked off at first or whatever, although the latter tends to stick in the memory more. He's graded positively every year on defence bar last year in CF, where he graded slightly negatively. I would say that via the eye test he was a reasonable centre-fielder for the most part, and is now a little above average LF. The problem with Alejandro is when he makes a mistake, it tends to be of the "HOLY SH*T DID HE JUST F*CKING DO THAT" variety. They stick in the memory and to me have resulted in some people underestimating his overall value.

And yeah, Torii Hunter has been the worst defensive player in baseball this season. I can tell you that without having seen him in the stadium.

De Aza might be the worst base runner I've ever seen. He's basically a faster Carlos Lee in the field and on the paths. He's f***ing atrocious. Stop listening to any stat that says otherwise and, for the love of God, don't use them in an argument.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:56 PM)
It must have been absolute hell for Pirates fans watching him destroy AAA just waiting for him to get the call.

Looking forward to seeing him play. Side note, his wRC+ at AAA was 163. Kris Bryant hasn't had one below 209 at any of his stops, and currently at AA he's at 226. That's how good Bryant is.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 10, 2014 -> 04:00 AM)
De Aza might be the worst base runner I've ever seen. He's basically a faster Carlos Lee in the field and on the paths. He's f***ing atrocious. Stop listening to any stat that says otherwise and, for the love of God, don't use them in an argument.

He also either is slow out of the box or just slow now. Cause that bunt tonight was perfect and he would not have beaten it out had the pitcher not made a horrific throw.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 10:01 PM)
Looking forward to seeing him play. Side note, his wRC+ at AAA was 163. Kris Bryant hasn't had one below 209 at any of his stops, and currently at AA he's at 226. That's how good Bryant is.

Bryant is the one that I think for sure you can count on being good in the majors. I'm not a fan of Soler or Baez.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 10:01 PM)
He also either is slow out of the box or just slow now. Cause that bunt tonight was perfect and he would not have beaten it out had the pitcher not made a horrific throw.

De Aza is fast, but slow out of the box.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 10:02 PM)
Bryant is the one that I think for sure you can count on being good in the majors. I'm not a fan of Soler or Baez.

Almora is struggling in high A too. He walks at a less rate than Anderson.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 10:03 PM)
Almora is struggling in high A too. He walks at a less rate than Anderson.

Their pitching depth is pretty bad in the minors and on top of not so great draft

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 10:00 PM)

It really is incredible that for someone who might be the worst baserunner in your lifetime, two separate organisations (Fangraphs and baseball reference) who have separately developed statistics to judge baserunning by both have graded him positively with the Sox. Like I get that they mightn't be perfect, but it's amazing they are so bad that they rate the single worst baserunner out of thousands of baserunners as a good baserunner. That's no run-of-the-mill rounding error there, that's a cataclysmic failing of the system. What has made them so utterly woefully wrong? Do they both give positive marks for getting picked off?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 10:00 PM)
How so? He has stunk this year after stinking last year. That's not good.

If Avi did not get hurt De Aza may of been DFA already...........he flat out sucks as a everyday player, he is a 4th OF at best.