2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 28, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
Eh, both were projects, Teague more so. He had potential, just never got there. Green has clearly overachieved.

It's their jobs to determine which "projects" will reach their potential.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 28, 2015 -> 07:20 PM)
It's their jobs to determine which "projects" will reach their potential.

One problem though is that another part of their jobs included keeping their coach happy even at the expense of finding the best players.

I could tolerate that for a while, but this year that got kinda excessive (hinrich).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2015 -> 06:43 PM)
One problem though is that another part of their jobs included keeping their coach happy even at the expense of finding the best players.

I could tolerate that for a while, but this year that got kinda excessive (hinrich).

I don't even know how to judge Thibs this season. It seems like there was a lot of "go f*** yourself" moments from thibs, and Hinrich was one of them.

And I don't know if I wouldn't feel the same way if I was Thibs.

until i hear anything concrete from anymore twitter or sports link. i would like to talk about something that been on my mind since the season ended.

the draft.

at their pick, who will the bulls select?? pg or center??

any other thoughts of other positions??

QUOTE (LDF @ May 28, 2015 -> 07:13 PM)
until i hear anything concrete from anymore twitter or sports link. i would like to talk about something that been on my mind since the season ended.

the draft.

at their pick, who will the bulls select?? pg or center??

any other thoughts of other positions??

From what mocks I've seen, there won't be a pg or c worth a damn when the Bulls pick. I'm a big Rondae Hollis-Jefferson fan. Ideal wing size with freakish athleticism/length. He's got all-league defensive potential. Of course, his jumpshot/3-point shooting is lacking. I'd love it if the Bulls picked him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2015 -> 01:38 AM)
From what mocks I've seen, there won't be a pg or c worth a damn when the Bulls pick. I'm a big Rondae Hollis-Jefferson fan. Ideal wing size with freakish athleticism/length. He's got all-league defensive potential. Of course, his jumpshot/3-point shooting is lacking. I'd love it if the Bulls picked him.

i would like to add this, whomever the bulls have as an idea to coach, will have some input.

i like the possibility of the kids from kentucky-booker, utah-wright or even that kid from norte dame. i just see them have a real need at pg.

too bad they don't have their other 1 rounder which reverted back to the kings on the protected top 10.

on another topic, i really wonder if FH - will coach the team, i wonder who will be the assistants.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 28, 2015 -> 07:52 PM)
i would like to add this, whomever the bulls have as an idea to coach, will have some input.

i like the possibility of the kids from kentucky-booker, utah-wright or even that kid from norte dame. i just see them have a real need at pg.

too bad they don't have their other 1 rounder which reverted back to the kings on the protected top 10.

on another topic, i really wonder if FH - will coach the team, i wonder who will be the assistants.

No way in hell Booker make it to #22. I forgot about Wright. Certainly wouldn't be a bad pick, as the Bulls do need a PG. You're right. We have to wait and see who the next coach is (hopefully he'll reveal what type of system he wants to run, etc) and we'll get a better feel of what type of player we hope to select.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball...coaching-rumors

How Fred Hoiberg got to big for Iowa State

Didn't realize he was also a football player and was recruited by Nebraska/Osborne? What position? WR? S? QB?

He was previously working in the Minnesota Timberwolves front office, where former president of basketball operations David Kahn said Hoiberg was "on track to become president of an NBA team."

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 28, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
http://arizonasports.com/41/1837890/Jeff-H...ach-of-the-Suns

Meanwhile, maybe Iowa State is going after the Suns head coach. We do run the Association, ya know.

Has it been noted that Jeff Hornacek wants to coach in college? Is he disgruntled at Phoenix? He's done a pretty good job there. I hear the rumors swirling around here but I just don't see him going back to the college he walked onto 30 years ago as long as he's an NBA head coach.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 28, 2015 -> 09:27 PM)
http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball...coaching-rumors

How Fred Hoiberg got to big for Iowa State

Didn't realize he was also a football player and was recruited by Nebraska/Osborne? What position? WR? S? QB?

He was previously working in the Minnesota Timberwolves front office, where former president of basketball operations David Kahn said Hoiberg was "on track to become president of an NBA team."

QB I believe. He picked Isu over Arizona in basketball

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 28, 2015 -> 08:30 PM)
Has it been noted that Jeff Hornacek wants to coach in college? Is he disgruntled at Phoenix? He's done a pretty good job there. I hear the rumors swirling around here but I just don't see him going back to the college he walked onto 30 years ago as long as he's an NBA head coach.

It would be interesting to see what recruiting strategy he would take....following in the Hoiberg path of JC's and transfers and international signings or doing things more traditionally?

There's just not much of a track record.

One thing's for certain, in Iowa....where you have guys like Self or Roy Williams or Bo Ryan to compete with just for your best in-state players, then you're sharing the state with UNI, Drake, Creighton, Nebraska to an extent, you BETTER have a plan that extends outside the state (for example, more Chicago Public League players)...Milwaukee...KC...Minneapolis, St. Louis, etc.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 28, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)
It would be interesting to see what recruiting strategy he would take....following in the Hoiberg path of JC's and transfers and international signings or doing things more traditionally?

There's just not much of a track record.

One thing's for certain, in Iowa....where you have guys like Self or Roy Williams or Bo Ryan to compete with just for your best in-state players, then you're sharing the state with UNI, Drake, Creighton, Nebraska to an extent, you BETTER have a plan that extends outside the state (for example, more Chicago Public League players)...Milwaukee...KC...Minneapolis, St. Louis, etc.

Very true.....also not trying to swirl rumors around and maybe this was mentioned before. Apparently last off season the Warriors were interested in Hoiberg but he wasn't ready to leave so it ended quickly. I know a guy that works close to Hoiberg so if I happen to hear anything I'll pass it on but you guys will probably know before me!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 28, 2015 -> 06:49 PM)
I don't even know how to judge Thibs this season. It seems like there was a lot of "go f*** yourself" moments from thibs, and Hinrich was one of them.

And I don't know if I wouldn't feel the same way if I was Thibs.

Lol. Now I've read everything. This front office sad that Hinrich was played after they over paid the guy millions to be here.

Kirk Hinrich=Juan Uribe

Love him or hate him...very few "in between" opinions.

Reminds me of the Aaron Miles (god, he had a slew of minor league fanboys) debate when that trade was consummated.

How long has Miles been out of majors now?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (bmags @ May 28, 2015 -> 09:45 PM)
Lol. Now I've read everything. This front office sad that Hinrich was played after they over paid the guy millions to be here.

I'm sure they were ecstatic that Hinrich was on the floor contributing nothing while McDermott and Snell rotted on the bench.

But hey, Paxson cried for reals