2015 MLB Draft

ChiSoxJon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does it look like pitching ranks are (for the Whitesox): 1. Tate 2. Jay 3. Fulmer 4. Harris

I have not been keeping up with the draft prospects, but is that what we would like to see with respect to the ranking?

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 09:52 AM)
So does it look like pitching ranks are (for the Whitesox): 1. Tate 2. Jay 3. Fulmer 4. Harris

I have not been keeping up with the draft prospects, but is that what we would like to see with respect to the ranking?

I believe Jay might be 1 on the Sox board, followed by Fulmer, then Tate, and Harris.

Best case scenario, Sox get one of the top 3, preferably Fulmer in my opinion.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 09:47 AM)
You didn't miss much. Pre-draft, they really aren't going to give much. Just theory, best player available, so on.

Steve Stone and Bruce Levine have both brought up Tyler Stephenson the last 2 days on the radio. Not sure if they are hearing something or if they just see catching as a need and saw him rumored at #1 and jumped on it.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
Sox prefer Tate to Fulmer.

Agreed but I don't think it'll get to that point. Sox are likely to get a stab at one of their top three Tate/Jay and Fulmer.

If they end up with Tate/Jay/Fulmer I think they'll be happy. What will be interesting is if two of them are on the board. Best case scenario for White Sox would be Tyler Stephenson going #1. Even if Swanson goes #1 though, if Houston goes Bregman then Colorado could go with Brendan Rodgers. Allard is a wildcard to Minnesota at 6 and hopefully Boston takes Benindenti.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 11:57 AM)
Steve Stone and Bruce Levine have both brought up Tyler Stephenson the last 2 days on the radio. Not sure if they are hearing something or if they just see catching as a need and saw him rumored at #1 and jumped on it.

Scot Gregor ‏@scotgregor 1h1 hour ago

Doug Laumann watched high school C Tyler Stephenson in Georgia a couple weeks ago. Might be hard for Sox to pass on if available

Director of amateur scouting Doug Laumann says #WhiteSox likely to draft college pitcher Monday at No. 8 overall

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 11:28 PM)
Scot Gregor ‏@scotgregor 1h1 hour ago

Doug Laumann watched high school C Tyler Stephenson in Georgia a couple weeks ago. Might be hard for Sox to pass on if available

Director of amateur scouting Doug Laumann says #WhiteSox likely to draft college pitcher Monday at No. 8 overall

smoke screen???? ;)

under Hahn regime, i like what i have seen in ref to the draft. the sox appeared to have mend the bridge with Scott B, by the fact that Rodon signed with the sox last yr.

now with that, there comes to mind, well at least for me, about the sox reluctance to sign pitchers who are, lets say vertically challenged. Fulmer - sp is, a well documented 5'10 or 5'11 on better days. Jay - sp is a generous 6'1. now their arm strength is true and their results has been proven.

so this begs to be asked, will the sox draft either of them, if they are there and destroy the belief the sox will not draft a pitcher without height. In the first round.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 06:41 PM)
under Hahn regime, i like what i have seen in ref to the draft. the sox appeared to have mend the bridge with Scott B, by the fact that Rodon signed with the sox last yr.

now with that, there comes to mind, well at least for me, about the sox reluctance to sign pitchers who are, lets say vertically challenged. Fulmer - sp is, a well documented 5'10 or 5'11 on better days. Jay - sp is a generous 6'1. now their arm strength is true and their results has been proven.

so this begs to be asked, will the sox draft either of them, if they are there and destroy the belief the sox will not draft a pitcher without height.

Danish is just 6 foot.. Q isn't the biggest guy around either, listed at 6'1" but seeing him in person I kinda question that.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 01:12 AM)
Danish is just 6 foot.. Q isn't the biggest guy around either, listed at 6'1" but seeing him in person I kinda question that.

Q was a fa signed by the mets then came to the sox

Danish is a 2nr rounder in 2013, does that make him a Hahn drafted prospect???

either way, i will make the correction to be more specific on asking a first rounder.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 07:15 PM)
Illinois/Vanderbilt is airing on Big Ten Network. Fulmer is starting for Vandy. Likely to see Jay pitch for Illinois at some point as well. Also Dansby Swanson is pretty fun to watch.

Fulmer struggling with command, as he can do when he gets amped up

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 12:43 AM)
Fulmer struggling with command, as he can do when he gets amped up

thanks for the info.

i would almost any young kid will do the same in his position.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 06:41 PM)

so this begs to be asked, will the sox draft either of them, if they are there and destroy the belief the sox will not draft a pitcher without height. In the first round.

I think this is where a pitchers body frame comes into play.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 07:12 PM)

Can add Gio Gonzalez to that list as well.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 02:21 AM)
Fulmer doesn't exactly have a starter's mound presence. Kinda hope he's gone when the Sox pick.

His velocity and lack of command scare me. I'm leaning more towards Jay, Tate or Stephenson

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 02:19 AM)
I think this is where a pitchers body frame comes into play.

Can add Gio Gonzalez to that list as well.

yeah, the sox acquires him twice and traded him twice.

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'd go with either Matuella or Stephenson. None of the college SP around the 8th pick excite me.

Matuella

- Top of the rotation stuff (probably #1 pick if not hurt)

- TJ doesn't really concern me these days

Stephenson

- Raw power

- Big projectable frame

- Lack of organization catching depth