2015 MLB Draft

ChiSoxJon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 01:23 AM)
And there are infinite nickname possibilities...

Head, Cabbage Patch, Cabbage Patch Kid, Vegetable, am I missing some?

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 05:51 AM)
New mock from Callis/Mayo.

Callis' scenario has the Sox getting Harris. Mayo has them ending up with Fulmer.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/129269966/sh...test-mock-draft

Yuck to Harris...no thanks.

We might as well select Aiken, Matuella, Allard, etc., and roll the dice.

Of course, Harris then goes on to be another notable exception to the McCulloch/Broadway rule and becomes another Michael Wacha.

Edited by caulfield12

One more time to clarify - we'll keep this thread open until we near draft time. Once the FS Draft Tracker is up, we'll create a new discussion thread pinned in PHT, with the Tracker and other handy links in the OP. We'll then close this thread. There will also, as usual, be a closed thread pinned in this FS forum with just the picks and status in a single post.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
Yuck to Harris...no thanks.

We might as well select Aiken, Matuella, Allard, etc., and roll the dice.

Of course, Harris then goes on to be another notable exception to the McCulloch/Broadway rule and becomes another Michael Wacha.

at this point of time, it is what it is.......

i just hope in hell it is a great pick. '

i am so freaking stoke. draft day. yesss. :usa :headbang :cheers

for that pick i qustion. :pray

I am hoping the Sox get Fulmer, and if not, Jay. If both those guys are gone, one of the SS. I know Stephenson is the flavor of the week, but HS catchers are really hard to project. I know the organization can use catching, every single organization can, but they usually take longer to develop, especially a HS guy. I'd rather they spend 4th-10th rounders on a college guy. If the guy turns into Ron Karkovice, it's a win, and I don't think you want to spend the 8th pick on that. The Sox did pick Kurt Brown 5th in 1985. Barry Bonds was the next selection.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)
I am hoping the Sox get Fulmer, and if not, Jay. If both those guys are gone, one of the SS. I know Stephenson is the flavor of the week, but HS catchers are really hard to project. I know the organization can use catching, every single organization can, but they usually take longer to develop, especially a HS guy. I'd rather they spend 4th-10th rounders on a college guy. If the guy turns into Ron Karkovice, it's a win, and I don't think you want to spend the 8th pick on that. The Sox did pick Kurt Brown 5th in 1985. Barry Bonds was the next selection.

And Stephenson is exactly the type of hitter that the White Sox never develop. Big power with a lot of swing and miss potential in his game.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)

yeah talk about the catcher position, i agree, take an college catcher.

1. Ward

2. Mitchell Nau

3. Chris Robinson

they are all older classment in college, so the odds are on the sox side. draft them and let them sort themselves out with their performances.

Edited by LDF

other notable names, h/s positional players who were hurt the whole season.

Kep Brown,

Hoeing

Thompson.

they were suppose to have separated them selves from other with their bat.... but who knows now. the highest ceiling of these 3 is kep brown, a potential 1 rounder coming into the season.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)

My thoughts exactly.

Suppose that in the first seven picks (in whatever order), all the "big" names are gone The SSs (Swanson, Rodgers, Bregman) and the pitchers (Jay, Tate, Fulmer). Who would you like to see the Sox take in this scenario? Personally, I'd bypass Harris and go for Benintendi or maybe Happ.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
Suppose that in the first seven picks (in whatever order), all the "big" names are gone The SSs (Swanson, Rodgers, Bregman) and the pitchers (Jay, Tate, Fulmer). Who would you like to see the Sox take in this scenario? Personally, I'd bypass Harris and go for Benintendi or maybe Happ.

if the big pitchers are not there, and the sox are not sold on the hitters, i would go with one of the prep pitchers.

the safest bet is SS - Swanson.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 03:12 PM)
if the big pitchers are not there, and the sox are not sold on the hitters, i would go with one of the prep pitchers.

the safest bet is SS - Swanson.

i really wished that the sox would have been able to acquire 3 extra comp picks.

oh well.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 10:44 PM)
Sox need the best player at 8 regardless, with no picks round 2 and 3. I do not want to hear under slot and Sox in the same sentence on Monday.

The thing with this draft is that there is no clear separation of talent between the 8th best player and the 25th best player, so if all things are equal and you can get a guy at a discount to allow you to grab some higher profile talent when you pick again, wouldn't that be the most logical course of action?

Sounds like Jay is now starting today at 3.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 10:45 AM)
Sox have not said a word about Benitendi, so that's who I predict.

I think that would be my pick at this point. A potential top of the order bat that can play legit CF is very appealing. I dont think the Sox should paint themselves into taking a pitcher when the fit may just not be there this year.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 10:51 AM)
I think that would be my pick at this point. A potential top of the order bat that can play legit CF is very appealing. I dont think the Sox should paint themselves into taking a pitcher when the fit may just not be there this year.

If the Sox did pick him, where would Eaton go in a few years when Benintendi is in the Big Leagues?

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)
If the Sox did pick him, where would Eaton go in a few years when Benintendi is in the Big Leagues?

Benntendi would probably move to corner OF

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 10:45 AM)
Sox have not said a word about Benitendi, so that's who I predict.

He doesn't really have "loud" tools though. The Sox just don't really value guys like Benintendi. Especially in the 1st round.