Yanks on Danks

southsider2k5

I'm not really sure where you guys are going with all the fat chick stuff.

First, how fat? I like girls a lil thick sometimes, in fact, most of the time really. Nothing wrong with that no no no.

Secondly, even when you're talking about those REALLY big girls the thing is, you are all talking about them within the context of a bar meeting or something which of course you could always walk away from... none of this relates to Dunn.

Dunn is like some nasty hoss who is a total b**** and you're married to her, and there's really nothing you can do but divorce her and take the hit financially and wherever else. It's like she won't wash the dishes, she won't clean s***, all she can do for you is bounce around on your pecker for about 10 mins every now and then but shes such an incredible b**** that you don't even want to talk to long enough to ask her, and touching... well that is just rewarding her for her behavior.

So yeah you guys are going way too far with this, Dunn is worse than anything I've seen mentioned here (haven't read through much of the thread though, don't care to either) and girls with some butt are perfectly OK in my book, and probably most books too. Now I know here on the internet we're all GQ studs and stuff but I bet outside of that there are quite a few posters here who would gladly satisfy a woman or two of Walmart size.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 04:43 PM)
It should be a simple conversation. He's your's for nothing, take him and his contract, see ya!

Seriously? Teams will be desperate for a SP at the deadline. I would much rather pitch in cash in order to get the prospect back we want.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 06:26 PM)
Seriously? Teams will be desperate for a SP at the deadline. I would much rather pitch in cash in order to get the prospect back we want.

Teams need pitching, but don't most of the metrics on Danks show he's due for a regression?

The money with the lost velocity scare me enough to start from scratch if someone wants that contract down the stretch.

According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Yankees remain interested in White Sox hurler John Danks.

The idea to acquire Ian Kennedy from the Padres seems to be losing steam, which makes Danks among the most likely trade targets for the Yankees to acquire. The veteran southpaw is 9-6 on the season with a 4.40 ERA and 1.39 WHIP.

Related: Yankees

Source: CBS Sports

I'm not against trading Danks, but for me the price needs to be hefty. They have shed enough salary that they don't have an urgent need to dump his, and he can be a #4 starter on a contending team in 15-16. Need at least a Top 50-75 prospect for him.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 06:48 PM)
I'm not against trading Danks, but for me the price needs to be hefty. They have shed enough salary that they don't have an urgent need to dump his, and he can be a #4 starter on a contending team in 15-16. Need at least a Top 50-75 prospect for him.

Eh they could pay someone half of what he is making to put up his kind of numbers.

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 07:55 PM)
You're dreaming bro.

Boston got a top 75 prospect for Peavy and his FIP is worse than Danks.....Contractually we're talking about 2 differently players though...If they can't get anything good for him it's because of the contract and not because of how "awful" he is....And if that's the case, I wouldn't trade him.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 10:02 PM)
@philgrogers: John Danks to the Yankees, as reported by @JonHeymanCBS, makes sense but lack of pitching depth makes it tough call for White Sox.

Accidentally read that first part as its own sentence..

Boston got a top 75 prospect for Peavy and his FIP is worse than Danks.....Contractually we're talking about 2 differently players though...If they can't get anything good for him it's because of the contract and not because of how "awful" he is....And if that's the case, I wouldn't trade him.

"John Danks is bad. He's not worth anything, even if the White Sox pick up almost all of the contract."

-Dave Cameron on 7/23/14

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 07:05 PM)

Ehh. Escobar is like a #4 or #5 starter.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 11:51 PM)
Phils's right - there is zero pitching depth. Still, if we get a couple of young pitchers for him and we hit FA, twie'd still be better off.

They've got depth just not good depth. Knowing we aren't going anywhere this year, if they traded Danks for a couple of prospects and tossed out Wang or Rienzo every 5 days I could live with that until the off-season to fix it.

They've got depth just not good depth. Knowing we aren't going anywhere this year, if they traded Danks for a couple of prospects and tossed out Wang or Rienzo every 5 days I could live with that until the off-season to fix it.

I'm not worried about who takes Danks' spot this year. I'm worried about who takes his spot in 2015-16*. If the trade doesn't net somebody who will do that, then it doesn't make sense to trade him.

* Don't say Rodon. Rodon fills one of the other two holes in the rotation.