Addison Reed trade from DBacks' perspective

caulfield12

Yeah, I'm with LDF. While TUC does write some lengthy posts that can read like a winding road, that's actually what I look forward to when reading his posts. TUC's mind is all over the place but at least he's thinking outside the box instead of spitting the latest bulls*** that some idiot sports writer just wrote. I remember last winter when that out side the box thinking spit out the idea of trying to acquire Noesi somehow because TUC liked what Noesi had to offer and how he would be a good project for Coop. In the end there's absolutely no denying TUC is a Sox fan and hopefully people don't lose sight of that.

Stick around TUC or I'll have to start talking about how we need to trade Sale. :P

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Sep 20, 2014 -> 05:08 PM)
That's one thing I'm great at.

Don't trip hommie. Just because one person can't seem to get through your posts doesn't mean others do not benefit from them. Even if the entire world overlooked your writing, it's still a moot point.

This site is here as a forum for your expressions. If you enjoy having that outlet, then I'd encourage you to keep doing what improves the quality of your life. My choice here is to utilize the space to be light hearted, idiotic, witty, sincere and at times analytical. Most of the times thou, it's just idiocy. Which is absolutely needed in my life.

Kids, wife, business, house payments, emotions, family, friends, clients, obligations... Yea. There's a definite need in my life, for a place like this, where I can poop on s***.

Again, I'd encourage you to continue exploring your passions and may also suggest you lighten up a bit?

Sorry you took my idiocy in a personal way. It was intended to make myself and others laugh. At the time I wrote it, I believe my wife had just snapped at me for feeding the baby and giving her a kiss on the cheek. Yes, postpartum is a challenge and Soxtalk just happens to be the small corner in my small universe where I can be the class clown.

Bottom line: don't let an idiot discourage you.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Sep 20, 2014 -> 11:12 PM)
Don't trip hommie. Just because one person can't seem to get through your posts doesn't mean others do not benefit from them. Even if the entire world overlooked your writing, it's still a moot point.

This site is here as a forum for your expressions. If you enjoy having that outlet, then I'd encourage you to keep doing what improves the quality of your life. My choice here is to utilize the space to be light hearted, idiotic, witty, sincere and at times analytical. Most of the times thou, it's just idiocy. Which is absolutely needed in my life.

Kids, wife, business, house payments, emotions, family, friends, clients, obligations... Yea. There's a definite need in my life, for a place like this, where I can poop on s***.

Again, I'd encourage you to continue exploring your passions and may also suggest you lighten up a bit?

Sorry you took my idiocy in a personal way. It was intended to make myself and others laugh. At the time I wrote it, I believe my wife had just snapped at me for feeding the baby and giving her a kiss on the cheek. Yes, postpartum is a challenge and Soxtalk just happens to be the small corner in my small universe where I can be the class clown.

Poop.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Sep 21, 2014 -> 04:12 AM)

:chair

I am sorry.

Here's the question I must ask to those who blast Addison and still like Davidson.

Simple question: If right now you could trade Davidson for Reed, would you make the trade? If they would agree to the deal right now to reverse last year's trade. I would trade Davidson for Reed right now and take my chances opening next season with Reed in the closer role.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 03:22 PM)
Here's the question I must ask to those who blast Addison and still like Davidson.

Simple question: If right now you could trade Davidson for Reed, would you make the trade? If they would agree to the deal right now to reverse last year's trade. I would trade Davidson for Reed right now and take my chances opening next season with Reed in the closer role.

No. I wouldn't. I'd look for someone to better fill that closer role. Reed was awful.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 03:22 PM)

Why do we need to do this all over again? This topic has been trampled, beaten to death, and then served as a smoothie. Be like Frozen, and Let it Go.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)
Max you could still reverse the trade and make Reed a setup guy like the Royals have in Davis.

Yeah but he would be an awful set up man too. It solves none of the bullpen problems to have him back if he performs like he did this year. If he performs much better than this year its a different story. You can say the same for Davidson in that respect. Which is most likely to improve greatly? The guy who is 23 or the guy who is 26?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 20, 2014 -> 03:22 PM)
Equally interesting, the Arizona Diamondbacks also have 20 blown saves on the season.

Balta, I hope you don't mind me using your post for this.

here is another interesting thought. Reed has 31 saves and with 8 blown saves. but

as a team they have 20 blown saves.

either way, reed has done ok.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 09:22 PM)

hey greg, let me flip this on you, would you have made the reed for Davidson trade? the first

initial trade. were you in favor of the trade?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 01:29 PM)
Why do we need to do this all over again? This topic has been trampled, beaten to death, and then served as a smoothie. Be like Frozen, and Let it Go.

Time to get off the marry go round. This thread is over so much as my eyes are concerned. Even the entertainment value is gone now... waw.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 10:02 PM)
hey greg, let me flip this on you, would you have made the reed for Davidson trade? the first

No, I would not have made the trade without a closer in waiting.

As far as the day of the trade, like with the Adam Dunn trade I trusted soxtalk posters. I got excited about Davidson. Admittedly I got excited about Davidson after reading the posts. However I was not in favor of the trade cause we had no replacement as closer. I always despised Nate Jones as a possible closer. I basically shut up as I did after the Dunn trade. Fans were so excited I figured they knew best.

As far as now ... I consider Davidson another Josh Fields. Hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 12:40 AM)
No, I would not have made the trade without a closer in waiting.

As far as the day of the trade, like with the Adam Dunn trade I trusted soxtalk posters. I got excited about Davidson. Admittedly I got excited about Davidson after reading the posts. However I was not in favor of the trade cause we had no replacement as closer. I always despised Nate Jones as a possible closer. I basically shut up as I did after the Dunn trade. Fans were so excited I figured they knew best.

As far as now ... I consider Davidson another Josh Fields. Hope I'm wrong.

You knew in January that Nate Jones would be hurt all year?

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 03:02 PM)

IIRC, there was only one poster here who openly disagreed with the trade in the first 24 hours of its aftermath.