White Sox Interactive

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 11:40 AM)
I found both WSI and this board in 2003 but when I first started posting I was mostly on WSI. But between the Mods just being complete assholes there, the minor league coverage here and just the people in general, I switched over here and completely stopped posting there within the year.

Sup ham face.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 10:02 AM)
s***, didn't think you'd know ham face.

Oh i dont. I just dont like what it implies, therefore you are now banned. How are you still posting? this is terrible

to the roadhouse with all of this

QUOTE (almagest @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 10:25 AM)
I lurked here for a long time (and WSI, but ehhhhhhhhhh) before creating an account, so I remember Ncorgbl. He was the one who used to call Bartolo Colon "tub of goo", and treat it like it was the best insult ever, right?

Oh yes. He hated Colon. I don't understand why either, Colon was a good pitcher for the Sox his first go around, and they got him for essentially nothing.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 08:35 AM)
Oh yes. He hated Colon. I don't understand why either, Colon was a good pitcher for the Sox his first go around, and they got him for essentially nothing.

Was one of the best trades you could make for an ace. I still have no idea how that team, with all the talent, didn't go anywhere. I remember Colon was just filthy down the stretch that year.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 11:19 AM)
Was one of the best trades you could make for an ace. I still have no idea how that team, with all the talent, didn't go anywhere. I remember Colon was just filthy down the stretch that year.

It was the Twins. I remember we had a lead going into the Metrodome and they straight up swept us.

We had 3 of the best starters in the AL that year and somehow ended up not making the playoffs. Had we actually made the playoffs, I think we could have made a nice run. But you could have said that about 2003, 2006, 2010, etc. In other words, f*** the Twins.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 11:19 AM)

Billy Koch: -0.4 WAR, -0.98 WPA

Keith Foulke: 1.8 WAR, 3.98 WPA

Sox lost the division by four games and that's one of the easiest reasons to point to.

I remember Colon had a complete game 2-hitter, allowing two solo HR's, and we lost 2-0.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 12:47 PM)
Billy Koch: -0.4 WAR, -0.98 WPA

Keith Foulke: 1.8 WAR, 3.98 WPA

Sox lost the division by four games and that's one of the easiest reasons to point to.

I remember Colon had a complete game 2-hitter, allowing two solo HR's, and we lost 2-0.

Oh but then without Neal Cotts, what do the White Sox do in 2005?

But yeah, Koch sucked, even if he was a great guy.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 03:32 PM)

Maybe we sweat it out in the World Series a little more with Damaso getting the call in Game 1. Then who gets the win in Game 3?! *shivers*

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 03:32 PM)

But yeah, Koch sucked, even if he was a great guy.

Remember when Jerry Manuel started Neal Cotts instead of Buehrle on short rest in Yankee Stadium and Cotts got his ass kicked? Good times.

I think we lost the game Buehrle started the next day anyhow.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 10:35 AM)
Remember when Jerry Manuel started Neal Cotts instead of Buehrle on short rest in Yankee Stadium and Cotts got his ass kicked? Good times.

I think we lost the game Buehrle started the next day anyhow.

I remember the reasoning being that we had already won 2-3 against NY so we were going to save Mark for the next series. So dumb.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 12:42 PM)
I remember the reasoning being that we had already won 2-3 against NY so we were going to save Mark for the next series. So dumb.

And that kind of thinking is why he got fired after that year.

We were loaded in 2003 and he managed to choke away a September lead.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 02:02 PM)
Wasn't 2003 the year that both Maggs and Frank went down?

without looking that had to be 04, Maggs went down the year before his contract was up and walked away as a FA to detroit replaced by Dye, Thomas had the foot issue that kept him out until June.

IIRC 2003 was the year that Konerko and the offense got off to a terrible start.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 01:04 PM)
without looking that had to be 04, Maggs went down the year before his contract was up and walked away as a FA to detroit replaced by Dye, Thomas had the foot issue that kept him out until June.

IIRC 2003 was the year that Konerko and the offense got off to a terrible start.

Ya, I'm pretty sure that was 04.

Anyways that 03 team after they traded for Robbie and Carl was so damn talented and nothing. The offense was loaded, we had 3 of the best starting pitchers in the league and Damaso/Flash were absolutely unhittable aaaaand nothing. If it wasn't for 05 I'd still be super, super pissed about 03.