Levine - Left Handed Bat Priority

southsider2k5

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 12:00 AM)
My dislike of Melky yes, is partly because of what he did. But I also think he's a very blah baseball player. He reminds me of Milton Bradley. If he signs with the Sox I could see disliking him as much as anybody who has worn the uniform.

Anybody but Melky, please.

I understand what you are saying. totally out of the blue. my dislike is Royce Clayton and no

matter what, I don't think anyone will come close to him.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MAX @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 12:39 AM)
Why do you dislike him more than all others?

I would have gone with a smartarse answer but I will give this example.

he was so dislike by his teammates that during meals, it was reported

that no one sat with him at his table. during the half mast for the 9/11

he was the only 1 still sitting.

now that is what I remember. my memory took a hit and I would be happy

to admit if I was wrong on the 9/11

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 12:58 AM)
I would have gone with a smartarse answer but I will give this example.

he was so dislike by his teammates that during meals, it was reported

that no one sat with him at his table. during the half mast for the 9/11

he was the only 1 still sitting.

now that is what I remember. my memory took a hit and I would be happy

to admit if I was wrong on the 9/11

I didn't like Clayton either. He was another horrific acquisition in Sox history. Let's face it, without 05, we have a very checkered rate of success in this organization.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 04:08 AM)
I didn't like Clayton either. He was another horrific acquisition in Sox history. Let's face it, without 05, we have a very checkered rate of success in this organization.

as you said, 05 wipe the slate clean except for Clayton.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 05:22 AM)
Except Clayton wasn't anywhere close to that 2005 team, Uribe/Ozuna were.

Ozuna's the only one that has been "officially" caught...although there were rumors about Rowand, etc.

you misread my statement or I wrote it wrong. I know clayton was not with

the team.

I was saying, my feelings of negativity toward certain people in the employment

of the sox org, I will put my personal opinion aside. everything can not get better

than having a world series champion, now for my greedy side, when is the next

championship winner.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 03:44 PM)
Except that it is. He has a track record of using PED's in contract years and then falling off the map, which should make anyone take pause when looking at his number from this season. There will always be room for question and speculation because of his past. I would say the same thing about Nelson Cruz and Peralta as well.

This is all moot anyway, he is going to receive a QO and that coupled with the money that will be required to sign him will not make the acquisition worth it.

There's nothing wrong with talking about how PEDs or lack thereof might affect a guy's performance going forward.

My snarky comment was because that is NOT what greg is talking about. He is talking about his personal aesthetic displeasure with Melky, which is related to his PED use, which would make his acquisition grounds for a "ruined offseason."

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 06:00 PM)
My dislike of Melky yes, is partly because of what he did. But I also think he's a very blah baseball player. He reminds me of Milton Bradley. If he signs with the Sox I could see disliking him as much as anybody who has worn the uniform.

Anybody but Melky, please.

Milton Bradley killed his own baseball career because he was a total ass. Melky Cabrera basically killed his career by doing steroids, but completely redeemed himself afterwards. There's a big difference.

Milton Bradley killed his own baseball career because he was a total ass. Melky Cabrera basically killed his career by doing steroids, but completely redeemed himself afterwards. There's a big difference.

Basically Milton Bradley sucked at The Game of Life, always getting himself into some sort of Twister, and never really able to Connect Four good years together.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 11:58 AM)
Basically Milton Bradley sucked at The Game of Life, always getting himself into some sort of Twister, and never really able to Connect Four good years together.

He failed at Concentration, and took a terrible Risk in never staying out of Trouble. Also, he was never ever Sorry.

let me offer another example. would anyone object to bringing in a pitcher who wins

13-18 wins but is also suspect scuffing the ball or using some sort of product on the

ball?

So basically, you're asking whether or not we would object to bringing in any pitcher with 13-18 wins.

I think Cabrera gets an extra level of scorn because of the insane lengths he went to to try and lie his way out of a suspension. It is the same thing with guys like Braun, Clemens, Bonds, Arod, etc.

If he would have just shut up and done his time, it would be much quieter for him.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 06:52 PM)
So basically, you're asking whether or not we would object to bringing in any pitcher with 13-18 wins.

no there is line of judgment in this. the point is, this pitcher is cheating and going

to great length to cheat.

so what is the difference between this pitcher and those with the PED not with Rose

and his banned for life.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
no there is line of judgment in this. the point is, this pitcher is cheating and going

so what is the difference between this pitcher and those with the PED not with Rose

and his banned for life.

did the pitcher bet on the game that he plays(and coaches)?

Because that is quite a difference

edit: I think i read your comparison right. But now im not sure. Either way I have no idea how Rose is in this equation

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)

and his banned for life.

The difference is pretty simple. We have a 85 year history where the one thing you NEVER do is bet on baseball, with the full knowledge that if you do so, you will be banned for life.

Rose bet on baseball, as a team manager.

This is not the same thing at all.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 07:11 PM)
did the pitcher bet on the game that he plays(and coaches)?

Because that is quite a difference

edit: I think i read your comparison right. But now im not sure. Either way I have no idea how Rose is in this equation

different level of cheating.

how can 1 come up with an excuse for 1 example of a cheat and let the others go by.

it has to be 1 penalty. plain and simple. there is no degrees of interpretation.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 02:17 PM)

how can 1 come up with an excuse for 1 example of a cheat and let the others go by.

it has to be 1 penalty. plain and simple. there is no degrees of interpretation.

So you think a guy who scuffed a ball in order to get a little more movement on his curve should be assessed the same penalty as a guy who very clearly could have thrown games by intentionally mismanaging them in order to win a wager?

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 02:17 PM)

Betting on baseball isn't the same as scuffing a baseball or taking steroids. One instance you can actually be benefiting from losing. The other is a player going out of his way to win. That isn't the same thing.