Guess the first offseason trade

Jerksticks

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
That was a dude who was supposed to be sure 30 homer guy annually, but maybe even 40. Now he is hot garbage.

Remember how crazy-awesome that draft was supposed to be? Didnt really turn out how people expected

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 02:10 PM)
Jeez, I never heard his report was to this extent.

Regardless, whoever does end up with Lind may as well have been a contender for Martinez. A lot of people have thrown Baltimore and Seattle out there as options and they figure to be involved with Martinez as well. If I had to guess on both I would say Lind to Oakland and Martinez to Seattle or Detroit.

EDIT: I still think nothing of Levine, just thought it was interesting he'd put his reputation out there. The Sox have watched Martinez very closely over the years and it's not hard to believe they like him a lot as a player. His age, contract and compensation are a lot to swallow though.

in the 2004 offseason he staked his reputation on the Sox signing Omar Vizquel. less than 24 hours after he did that, Omar signed a 3 year deal with the Giants

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 02:10 PM)
Jeez, I never heard his report was to this extent.

Regardless, whoever does end up with Lind may as well have been a contender for Martinez. A lot of people have thrown Baltimore and Seattle out there as options and they figure to be involved with Martinez as well. If I had to guess on both I would say Lind to Oakland and Martinez to Seattle or Detroit.

EDIT: I still think nothing of Levine, just thought it was interesting he'd put his reputation out there. The Sox have watched Martinez very closely over the years and it's not hard to believe they like him a lot as a player. His age, contract and compensation are a lot to swallow though.

It was another comment. When Omar Vizquel was a free agent, he said it was a done deal he would be a White Sox and staked his reputation to the claim. Omar signed with SF a day or so later.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think I'd rather have Viciedo.

Before Jose Abreu (BJA), circa July of 2013, I would have taken a flyer on Jesus Montero, but AJA, the year of our savior, 2014, there is no real appeal in Montero to me. He's a DH only, he doesn't fill any glaring need, and he has no positional versatility. If he doesn't hit, he's useless for everything except the ice cream sandwich toss.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)
Before Jose Abreu (BJA), circa July of 2013, I would have taken a flyer on Jesus Montero, but AJA, the year of our savior, 2014, there is no real appeal in Montero to me. He's a DH only, he doesn't fill any glaring need, and he has no positional versatility. If he doesn't hit, he's useless for everything except the ice cream sandwich toss.

Amen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 02:15 PM)
It was another comment. When Omar Vizquel was a free agent, he said it was a done deal he would be a White Sox and staked his reputation to the claim. Omar signed with SF a day or so later.

Lol so funny to me. How pompous. To think any person on earth gives a s*** about the words or reputation of a sports writer, one of the all-time major clown jobs of modern society.

Oh you predicted some sports event? Cool man, here's a taco.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)
Lol so funny to me. How pompous. To think any person on earth gives a s*** about the words or reputation of a sports writer, one of the all-time major clown jobs of modern society.

Oh you predicted some sports event? Cool man, here's a taco.

Yeah, the other guy I take great delight when he is constantly wrong, but you wouldn't know so from his pompousness, is Hub Arkush.

QUOTE (glangon @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 07:02 AM)
I see us trading Matt Davidson away for starting pitching.

As Tim Lincecum seems to be out of favour in San Francisco and Sandoval is out of contract.

I reckon we could see Matt Davidson and Marcus Semien for Tim Lincecum as the 1st trade on November 23rd.

No declining, woefully overpaid veterans, please.

Sox need young talent.

Jason Heyward doesn't fit the cost-controlled, core young guy theme so maybe he isn't a realistic target. We have to pay somebody at some point, so if we can lock him up that would be great and he would be a nice core piece. Maybe the Rockies' outfield is where we should be picking, as somebody mentioned. We gotta pick from somewhere.

QUOTE (daggins @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 07:06 PM)
At the GM meetings, Hahn trades a Sugar Daddy to Nats GM Mike Rizzo for a fun size Snickers. The deal is widely praised as a steal, though Morosi questions why Hahn got a Snickers when he had a full size Milky Way in his briefcase.

Acquire all the nougat!!!

If we want a proven hitter, sign him, don't trade for him.

We'll never get anywhere if we don't get the farm up to spiff.

What about Rasmus - he had a better year than most of these players people want to trade our prospects for. He may not even get a QO.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 01:16 PM)
Careful what you wish for. Beckham sucked so I bet your player would suck, and suck heavily. Might be better off with the cayysh.

You're never better off with just cash in a trade that small. That player could figure something out or suddenly click. A few thousand dollars is just money.