Sale switching Sox?

SoCalSox

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 07:52 PM)
This...at a minimum. Heck, throw Swihart in there too. Chris is unreal and if he were on the Dodgers or Yankees, he'd have won a couple Cy Youngs. We happen to have him under contract at about 15% of his value.

100% agree.

I probably overvalue Sale a little bit but everyone here seems so down on him right now and I don't get why.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
100% agree.

I probably overvalue Sale a little bit but everyone here seems so down on him right now and I don't get why.

Probably because everyone loves prospects, and teams don't really make trades like what it would take to land Sale in today's game. And that is the exact reason he will be on the Sox for at least two more seasons.

Edit: I was obvious being a bit sarcastic, but honestly, Sale isn't going anywhere. And if he is, I have a feeling Sox fans would really like the trade.

There really is no reason to even discuss it.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (daggins @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 03:00 AM)
Fans overvalue their own players as a function of their fandom. That said, Boston would be dumb to trade either of those guys for Sale, let alone both.

I don't think people realize just how good Bogaerts and Betts were last year. Bogaerts should be the best SS in baseball for the next decade.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)
I don't think people realize just how good Bogaerts and Betts were last year. Bogaerts should be the best SS in baseball for the next decade.

I think Correa is better but yeah, ol' Xander is crazy good.

Edited by daggins

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)

I would want Bradley over Betts. Boston will not trade Bogaerts. Swihart was rushed to the majors due to an injury instead of spending a year in AAA. He is an outstanding talent.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 06:15 PM)

If you believe that the Chicago media, especially ones that are being paid partially by the White Sox, are in the back pocket of the team, an article like this should make the hair on your neck stand up.

QUOTE (daggins @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 08:55 PM)
Given what Dombrowski just gave up for a reliever, I would say the price tag for Sale just went up.

It's always been sky high. I just don't see a team doing it. Now Quintana I could see a team going for. The interesting thing to think about is what could we get if we moved Q and Sale.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 08:47 PM)
It's always been sky high. I just don't see a team doing it. Now Quintana I could see a team going for. The interesting thing to think about is what could we get if we moved Q and Sale.

Trading both of them would turn the farm system for the Sox from one of the worst in baseball to one of the best.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 09:54 PM)
Trading both of them would turn the farm system for the Sox from one of the worst in baseball to one of the best.

I'm just curious. Not that I'd do it. It certainly would improve the team offensively and defensively but it'd kill the staff.

Trading both would be silly. Trading one still leaves you with Sale/Q-Rodon-Fulmer-EJ in 2 years when the Sox probably are closer to competing. If Fulmer pans out that front 3, whether it be with Sale or Q, can get you through the playoffs if the offense comes around.

I would much rather trade Q but if you can get some ridiculous package from the Red Sox, who have the bullets, I would trade Sale all day long.

IMO, Betts is gonna be one of the best players in the league sooner rather than later. If you can get Betts along with 3 or 4 other high upside guys (one being Swihart), do it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 04:22 PM)
If you believe that the Chicago media, especially ones that are being paid partially by the White Sox, are in the back pocket of the team, an article like this should make the hair on your neck stand up.

Why?

I would give him up if we could get good at 3 other positions.

But I root for the team, and I really don't care who's on it as long as they win.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
http://climbingtalshill.com/2015/11/13/hou...-sp-chris-sale/

LMAO at this article and the proposed "return" for Sale.

I'm laughing with ya. For me its AJ Reed, Joe Musgrove and JD Davis or I laugh and kindly hang up the phone before I tell them I want Feliz too. :D

Otherwise, I'm fine with Sale as the opening day starter for the White Sox in '16.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)
I'm laughing with ya. For me its AJ Reed, Joe Musgrove and JD Davis or I laugh and kindly hang up the phone before I tell them I want Feliz too. :D

Otherwise, I'm fine with Sale as the opening day starter for the White Sox in '16.

That's bad too. The package starts with Springer.