Bullpen Alignment

Boopa1219

I think that one of the biggest reasons that contributed to the Sox horrible bullpen, was the fact that everyone was pitching in roles that they were not suited for. A big reason for that was that Nate Jones, who was supposed to be the closer, was lost to TJ. I think that it's best to build a bullpen from the back going forward, knowing who your closer is going to be.

So I ask you who is going to fill what role in the bullpen?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 05:38 AM)
In all seriousness though, I would have to say

C Robertson

SU® Petricka

SU(L) Duke

MR Webb/Putnam/Surkamp/Guerra

I guess wildcards will be Cleto, Rodon, Montas

I know i am forgetting someone

Jones?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 08:50 AM)
Refresh my memory on Nate, isn't he supposed to be out some of this upcoming season? What's his deal again?

I just think back problems are tough on a flamethrower like Nate so I wouldn't even count on him for this season, although he could regain form it was be a pleasant surprise but I think that's why

the Sox will still be looking to add another BP arm since they have little confidence Jones will be an effective reliever maybe ever again.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 05:20 AM)
I think that one of the biggest reasons that contributed to the Sox horrible bullpen, was the fact that everyone was pitching in roles that they were not suited for. A big reason for that was that Nate Jones, who was supposed to be the closer, was lost to TJ. I think that it's best to build a bullpen from the back going forward, knowing who your closer is going to be.

So I ask you who is going to fill what role in the bullpen?

Having a quality closer is such a stabilizing fact. It allows everyone to have more set goals and really stabilizes the entire pen, imo. I still think we could use another arm but what we have done makes our pen significantly better than a year ago. Under no scenario would it have been okay for the Sox not to have added a proven closer.