2015 Videogame thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
The issue is how much does that cut into their very successful monopoly on handheld gaming. Maybe they'll be able to charge 10-15 bucks for Mario on your phone. But they can charge 30-40 and sell you a handheld unit with the 3DS.

Its a good question, but I really dont see them having any crossover conflict with the 3DS. I could see them throwing the virtual console NES and SNES library out there, as well as unique titles to phones.

You know they have been thinking this over forever because they are super anal about consoles and handhelds cutting into each others bottom lines

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about halfway through Ori and the Blind Forest, the indie platformer flavor of the month, and I'm enjoying it a lot. The gameplay is extremely sharp, I can't emphasize that enough; you immediately feel like you've been controlling this character your whole life. The production is great. The difficulty is rewarding but not frustrating. If you like your Metroidvania's, no reason not to get this. The only complaint is that it seems like it might be on the short side, but I'm not done yet, so who knows.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 18, 2015 -> 09:40 AM)
I'm about halfway through Ori and the Blind Forest, the indie platformer flavor of the month, and I'm enjoying it a lot. The gameplay is extremely sharp, I can't emphasize that enough; you immediately feel like you've been controlling this character your whole life. The production is great. The difficulty is rewarding but not frustrating. If you like your Metroidvania's, no reason not to get this. The only complaint is that it seems like it might be on the short side, but I'm not done yet, so who knows.

I read some of the reviews, the game looks beautiful. Some of those Indie games have so much attention to detail

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 18, 2015 -> 09:45 AM)
I read some of the reviews, the game looks beautiful. Some of those Indie games have so much attention to detail

It's definitely getting a lot of attention for its graphics. I wish big games went stylized like this more often instead of trying to be Gears of Duty all the time but I understand why it doesn't happen. That's one reason the indie market has exploded so much.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 12:51 PM)
Starwars Battlefront gameplay to be shown next month. A Starwars game has been LONG ovedue. They could make a Star Wars game ever year and it would sell a s*** ton.

Can't wait, not even a big Star Wars guy but the first two games were so fun

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 12:12 PM)
I used to love the old Star War games they made for Super Nintendo.

i did too. I used to love when you would get an achievement and Darth Vader would say "Excellent" lol

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
MLB 15 shipped... can't wait!

I'm picking it up from Walmart tonight at midnight. They will price match Costco, and Costco video games are always $52.99. Then, I'm going to see if I can trick a dumb Walmart employee to pricematch me with the 10th Anniversary edition on top of that. Either way, I'll have it tonight.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 04:49 PM)
I'm picking up my pre-order tomorrow.

Who's gonna do Diamond Dynasty this year?

I may give it a shot this year simply because they now allow you to earn points for the cards in any game mode. So once I get burned out on RTTS and Franchise, I can start a DD maybe with a decent team already. Also, I hated how players contracts expired and stuff, seemed like too much to keep track of. That's gone now.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)
Ugh, it looks nothing like him. Just a generic face. Thanks, Zoom, for the link to the video.

B7QnWmB.jpg

Ql6aLvK.jpg

C8vdk2W.jpg

I guess that last shot's not awful, but most players are completely identical to their real selves.

That looks more like MLB 10 than 15. Strange.