2015 Videogame thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 11:27 AM)
The story thing is a big deal to me, it's one of the things that sets Metal Gear games apart. I'm sure I'll have a blast with the game but this is sort of a bummer.

I definitely agree. I've always loved the Metal Gear stories, not matter how ridiculous they could be. However, I really enjoyed the Ground Zeroes gameplay and it seems like the Phantom Pain is going to blow that out of the water. It's definitely going to be a different experience from the previous MGS games, but from a pure gameplay standpoint it should be without question the best.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 11:13 PM)
I definitely agree. I've always loved the Metal Gear stories, not matter how ridiculous they could be. However, I really enjoyed the Ground Zeroes gameplay and it seems like the Phantom Pain is going to blow that out of the water. It's definitely going to be a different experience from the previous MGS games, but from a pure gameplay standpoint it should be without question the best.

I only just played GZ for the first time last weekend, as they smartly made it a free download to build hype for MGSV. It's a great time, it's just small, so if MGSV takes it and multiplies it by 100 or whatever, I'll be perfectly content. Plus the reviews compares the base-building to XCOM, which is a magic word for me.

QUOTE (SnB @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 09:36 AM)
I think I'm going to replace my yearly FIFA purchase with madden this year. I haven't bought madden in about 5 years. Anyone get it this year?

Yup, pretty good so far. Game looks better, new catch animations and defender actions are interesting, if not a bit over-powered.

I'll also be getting FIFA though. I'm gonna give EA a lot of money this year...:(

Only a few hours into MGSV so I can't pass judgment, but I can already tell that the scope of the game is going to be unbelievable.

Playing stealthily seems a lot more difficult than it was in other Metal Gears; I'm finding that guys will notice me where they definitely wouldn't have if it were Ground Zeroes, for example. Maybe you unlock stuff that helps out.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 02:41 PM)
Anyone get Mad Max yet? I want to pick it up, but hear it gets a little boring...

I haven't, but I was thinking it could be a wait for it to go on sale game. I assume the repetition comes from some of the optional open world stuff (collectibles, unlocking territories, etc.) so if you just beat the story and finish it bare bones it might not be as tedious. If you get it cheaper, playing only part of the game won't be so bad.

• 2 weeks later...

NHL 16 gameplay is much better than 15. For the Hawks specifically, it's now the United Center rather than Chicago Arena or whatever it was. Before opening faceoffs, the organ plays and the fans chant "Let's Go Hawks!". The goal horn is much more accurate. And last, but not least, Chelsea Dagger plays after Hawks goals.

The announcing is still dry and annoying.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 07:59 AM)
NHL 16 gameplay is much better than 15. For the Hawks specifically, it's now the United Center rather than Chicago Arena or whatever it was. Before opening faceoffs, the organ plays and the fans chant "Let's Go Hawks!". The goal horn is much more accurate. And last, but not least, Chelsea Dagger plays after Hawks goals.

The announcing is still dry and annoying.

I didn't get last year's version of NHL because I couldn't stand how sluggish the players were in the demo. Everyone was moving in slow motion and it didn't feel satisfying, Maybe I'll rent this year's version.

The Star Wars Battlefront Beta is Coming October 8th

Get ready to be taken to a galaxy far, far away! Today, we are happy to reveal that the Star Wars Battlefront Beta will be available for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and on PC via Origin players between October 8 and October 12. The Star Wars Battlefront Beta is a technical test and will give Rebels and Imperials alike just a small taste of the Star Wars battle fantasies you can expect to live out when the game launches on November 17.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefron...ing-october-8th

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
Damn. I don't know if I'll get it then.

Yeah, that news went from midnight pick up, to "We'll see how the reviews go". I'm someone who really doesn't enjoy online play unless it's with friends. I have no interest in playing online with annoying random people who either suck, or try to ruin it for everyone.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 came out and is an abject disaster. I've watched some reviews and glitch videos, and I'm astounded Activision even decided to release this game, let alone charge the full $60 for it. Not that it would be good at any price.