6/7 vs Tigers

flavum

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 03:38 PM)
The Sox will get buried the next couple weeks. They were lucky to be 25-29, quite frankly.

Pitching matchups against Houston not looking good for Sox.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 04:39 PM)
Pitching matchups against Houston not looking good for Sox.

Sale and Rodon both are in that series and I think both of them match up well against Houston. Houston too many swings and misses and both of those guys will demolish people who swing and miss.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
Sale and Rodon both are in that series and I think both of them match up well against Houston. Houston too many swings and misses and both of those guys will demolish people who swing and miss.

Lance and Dallas will be tough.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 02:48 PM)
Another HOME series loss. 29,000 sent home disappointed yet again. Detroit came in reeling, leave feeling pretty good.

And for any of that 29,000 who choose not to come back anytime soon until the product improves, they'll get blamed by some for why the product doesn't improve, because these fickle fans will be limiting the necessary "resources" to fix this mess. Now how is THAT for a bass ackwards way of looking at things!

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 03:52 PM)
And for any of that 29,000 who choose not to come back anytime soon until the product improves, they'll get blamed by some for why the product doesn't improve, because these fickle fans will be limiting the necessary "resources" to fix this mess. Now how is THAT for a bass ackwards way of looking at things!

I would love to see JR and everyone under him gone, until that happens team treads water with an occasional playoff appearance every 8 to 10 years. Arrow pointing up.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 03:52 PM)
So should we get rid of flowers too?

I guess I need to say it every time--once you get busted while you're in the union, you're dead to me.

I can forgive youthful stupidity, but once you're a grown up in the majors, no more.

1. Robin Ventura is nice guy, great sense of humor - not a MLB manager.

2. Melky... WTF is going on.

3. Abreu... decent but his last two bats today were jokes.

4. .145 avg 2nd basement.

5. Shark... I really hate him at the moment he was great against the sox ... now we get him and he is a steaming pile.

6. Danks and Noesi are meat...

7 Avi has potential... but his approach is childish at the plate like many of our hitters.

We don't coach like pros, we don't play like pros, we don't look like pros..

From top to bottom.

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 03:56 PM)
1. Robin Ventura is nice guy, great sense of humor - not a MLB manager.

2. Melky... WTF is going on.

3. Abreu... decent but his last two bats today were jokes.

4. .145 avg 2nd basement.

5. Shark... I really hate him at the moment he was great against the sox ... now we get him and he is a steaming pile.

6. Danks and Noesi are meat...

7 Avi has potential... but his approach is childish at the plate like many of our hitters.

We don't coach like pros, we don't play like pros, we don't look like pros..

From top to bottom.

BUT THEY HAVE FUN, AND THE CLUBHOUSE IS GREAT!

That's all that matters.

Samardzija just hasn't had the command or dominance in the strike zone with his fastball.

That kills you even when you get ahead in counts because everyone's looking hard stuff.

Essentially, everything's either a fastball or splitter/slider....he's like Rodon without the pretension of throwing or learning how to throw a change.

For some reason, he really got away from his slider in that horrible sequence to Cepedes, Collins and Martinez.

After those three at-bats, you just knew it was over and Soria wasn't going to blow another save.

Every team that plays us and enters in a funk gets healthy or goes on a run....the Royals, then the Twins, now Cleve and Detroit. Predictable as clockwork. Hopeless right now to go any type of extended run to get back in it.