Samardzija Trade Packages

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 06:21 PM)
He's on pace for around 160 innings. That should be about right where they want him. It shouldn't become an issue as they've done a decent job managing his innings so far.

Sounds about right. Carlos is at 77IP with 12 starts left in the season so there should not be any concern about topping out his innings.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 05:40 PM)
I'm at peace with the Sox standing Pat since the rotation is playoff worthy and some bats have come alive. For right now, what might be the best moves the Sox could make are...

1- DFA Boni and recall Micah

2- bat Micah at DH and use LaRoche for pinch hitting/ defensive sub at 1B.

3- play Shuck more in a platoon with Avi. Shuck improves defense and production against RHP.

4- option Jennings back to Charlotte and recall Erik Johnson

5- Danks goes to the pen and Erik becomes the 5th starter

These move cost the Sox zero money and prospects while improving their contending status, on paper anyway. :)

Edit: subbed Jennings for Leury

Love every bit of this. Danks in pen sounds great. But getting LaRoche out of the lineup sounds even better.

One big remainder though, how on earth do we get Alexei out of the lineup? Can Sanchez at short and Micah try second again? Can we just stomach Gordo at short? I can't watch Alexei anymore. He is the worst hitter maybe ever.

QUOTE (Special K @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:41 PM)
Love every bit of this. Danks in pen sounds great. But getting LaRoche out of the lineup sounds even better.

One big remainder though, how on earth do we get Alexei out of the lineup? Can Sanchez at short and Micah try second again? Can we just stomach Gordo at short? I can't watch Alexei anymore. He is the worst hitter maybe ever.

Maybe Gordo is worse. He is sub .200

QUOTE (staxx @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 04:07 AM)
I could still see it happening to get a high caliber MLB bat. Who knows though. If you want to compete you then have to go fill that rotation spot.

don't get me wrong, i understand. imo they really need a bat and a sp.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 05:32 PM)
If the White Sox are uncertain of their direction, and that usually leads into a conversation about trading Jeff S, but what would they be looking for if they decide to make a run at a wildcard?

Does playing for a 1 game playoff temper the aggressiveness?

It should, unless your getting an asset with multi year control but they aren't in a position to damper the farm regardless.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 03:55 AM)
I think if you trade Jeff at this point you risk messing with their mojo...

Once the Sox lose a game ... if they end up losing 7 of 8 again or something like that, we'll all be majorly pissed I'm sure. But I don't see what KW/Hahn can do. The team, which has an amazing rotation, has played itself to where it's right in the wildcard chase. How can you break it up now? You'd have to be buyers right now. The team could use a bat. What about trading LaRoche for Billy Butler and see if Butler can get hot?? The A's might help us out to get rid of Butler. He can't be any worse than LaRoche and might start stroking doubles.

Or go ahead and make that deal with the Dodgers to get some hitting. Now that the Royals have traded all their pitching, maybe we could ship them a pitching prospect or two for Colon. They have no use for Colon at all now.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Special K @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:41 PM)

Alexei has a .764 OPS after the All-Star Break, he's fine right now. It's LaRoche and Avi that need to get out of the lineup.

Not trading Shark is what they should do. It's the right balance between going for it when the chances aren't great, and missing the opportunity to get something for him. They'll still get the comp pick to help the balance.

Trading for rents would be inane, unless you can get a bat for a #20 prospect like the Angels did.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:20 PM)
Shark isn't going anywhere, gents. This team is 2 games away from .500 baseball, playing dominant & could be 3.5 games out of a WC in less than an hour.

May be time to start talking about who they could add.

If Boni is out for a period of time this season is toast..................................BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL IN AISLE ONE

Anyone else think we can make a potential run at the wild card spot even without Shark? If they dealt him for an MLB ready bat (or bat already in the majors with team control), I think Johnson can be solid enough to hold his own.

No, I don't see this team making the playoffs without him.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 3m3 minutes ago

The #BlueJays continue to cast a wide net in starter search. Gallardo, Leake, Cashner, Ross, Fiers, Haren all on the radar.

https://twitter.com/jcrasnick

I asked him if Shark is off the market and he said not officially. But it's getting harder to see him traded everyday.

That was you? I think Dan Hayes retweeted that.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 04:11 PM)
Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 3m3 minutes ago

The #BlueJays continue to cast a wide net in starter search. Gallardo, Leake, Cashner, Ross, Fiers, Haren all on the radar.

https://twitter.com/jcrasnick

I asked him if Shark is off the market and he said not officially. But it's getting harder to see him traded everyday.

Mike Leake seems like a potential good rental for Toronto